Alternators Sideswipe

Started by LongHaul, August 14, 2009, 09:35:03 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

LongHaul

August 14, 2009, 09:35:03 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
So I purchased a loose, mint alternator sideswipe from Ebay. Decided to shoot him up for some play on pictures. Think I migh have this down now (Sigh I hope).........
 I did notice a little pink residule on lefft side of his gun, I tried a few diffrent angles and alas it is still there. But it does kind of highlight the "Viper" writing on there.
Comments please.
Ba-Waap-Granny-Kiddie....Ahhhh man WTF did he say, I have gone and forgotten that stuff already!

LongHaul

August 14, 2009, 09:55:38 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
And his alt mode
Ba-Waap-Granny-Kiddie....Ahhhh man WTF did he say, I have gone and forgotten that stuff already!

shmax

August 14, 2009, 11:05:21 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Looking good! I have only a few comments:

1. I see some greyishness going on in the robot photo, down the right side of the picture.

2. If you feel that your photo is ready for prime time, you don't have to post it here in the forums, just go ahead and upload it directly to the figure record. If you want us to feature it as a POTD, you can either do your own write-up or ask us to do one in the POTD forum after it's already been approved for use on the figure record.

3. These are nice photos and I think they'll probably be approved, but pound for pound we'd prefer it if you'd target figures that don't already have photos. As it stands now, if we approve these photos they'll nudge the ones that Hellscream333 provided a while back (check out his poses--awesome) out of the way. His work won't be lost or anything, as I've recently set things up so that old photos are kept around (and will eventually wind up in the figure "gallery"), but for now they'll be occluded. Just something to keep in mind.

LongHaul

August 15, 2009, 01:01:20 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Yeah I see the residual shadow now that I've had some sleep. As for the figures record I didn't want to submit as it was already done, just had a new loose figure and wanted to play a bit.

Hellscream333

August 21, 2009, 12:58:16 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
1) Play around with your contrast settings in your editing program to get those pesky black and dark colors to show their detail. Personally, I use GIMP and when ridding the background of it's greyness by using 'Contrast-Brightness' I set the Brightness level 10 points above what I determine to be the right contrast setting (read as: the BG is now white due to the contrast).

2) To help with ridding of the shadow: Before you start adjusting the picture to clear out the BG to a solid white, take the eraser and draw large from the top of the image to the bottom and then another from left to right. Avoid the figure, obviously, and any of it's shadows when you do this. Then, when you're adjusting your image to get that white BG you can use the erased marks as your guide to knowing when you've got the right setting.

3) You don't have to take my advice and feel free to try other things or variations. What ever get's the job done is good.
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=13" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=13</a>

Go Up