Dungeons & Dragons?

Started by engledogg, March 31, 2023, 07:09:59 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

engledogg

March 31, 2023, 07:09:59 PM Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 06:17:24 AM by engledogg
I recently became aware of a request to add the Dungeons & Dragons toyline(s) to the site.

So, to proceed, I need to know how it should be broken down.

To start. for the toylines/products, we'd have a "Dungeons & Dragons" umbrella category.

From the research I've done, I've found the following, which would appear below the "Dungeons & Dragons" umbrella category:

Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (LJN 1983-84)
   Basic Series Action Figures
   Battle-Matic Series Action Figures
   Bendable Monster Action Figures
   Collectibles (single packs and giftset)
   Monsters
   Mounts
   Mounts with Rider
   Playset
   Human/Monster Adventure Figures
   Wind-Ups

Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Classics

Dungeons & Dragons Honor Among Thieves
   Dicelings
   Forgotten Realms
   Golden Archive

Dungeons & Dragons (sort of a generic catch-all subcategory)
  Jada Toys
  Kidrobot
  NECA (Basic and Ultimate Series)
  Funko (create subcategory under D&D and cross-list with existing Funko records)
  Kre-O (create subcategory under D&D and cross-list with existing Kre-O records)
  Super7 (create subcategory under D&D and cross-list with existing ReAction records)
  My Little Pony Crossover

This is all I have been able to find so far, so if I missed anything, you'll have to forgive me as I know nothing about this property.  There's likely some Merchandise that's associated with the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons line as practically 80s property had a bunch of side stuff associated with it (role-play items, flashlights, etc.).

I would also hope that those that are more knowledgeable than I would make sure that once we create these product records, that we're eventually able to fill in the contents of these records so that we're not sitting on a bunch of empties.

The mold categories that would need to be created would be:

Dungeons & Dragons
   Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (LJN 1983-84)
        Basic Series Action Figures
        Battle-Matic Series Action Figures
        Bendable Monster Action Figures
        Collectibles (single packs and giftset)
        Monsters
        Mounts
        Mounts with Rider
        Playset
        Human/Monster Adventure Figures
        Wind-Ups

Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon Classics

Dungeons & Dragons Honor Among Thieves

Dicelings
      Forgotten Realms
      Golden Archive

Jada Toys

Kidrobot

Neca

MLP Crossover?

Super7 and Funko molds are already covered.

So, what do you guys think?  Is Dungeons & Dragons a good fit for us to track in the database?

Voice your opinions here.
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Optimus Prime

Considering there are now five figures that Hasbro has released of characters from the 1980's cartoon, I would definitely think they'd be worthy of adding.
Currently there's the two-pack of Venger & Dungeon Master, Hank, Diana, and Bobby & Uni. I can only hope that they will follow through with the remaining core members, Eric, Sheila and Presto. Especially since the new movie included them as easter eggs  :)

Go Up