Pre-orders

Started by spekkio, July 11, 2021, 05:25:55 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

spekkio

So feel free to smack me if this is a dumb idea, but I was thinking it might be helpful to add some sort of way to add pre-orders to our collection - but for items that have already been released.

Por ejemplo: At BBTS, I have SS86 Slug/Daniel & Scourge pre-ordered, along with Collaborative Gigawatt, Kingdom Cyclonus, and Earthrise Allicon. But they have already been released to the general public. I decided to add them to my shmax collection while I was catching up (I don't always enter things the day I get them) so I can just update the records once everything is in and I pull the trigger on my Pile of Loot. But the only way I can mark them as pre-orders is with a tag.

Does this make sense? Is this doable? Or should I expect Sharkticons to come devour me for bugging you with this?

(Thanks for all you do, btw.)

shmax

I'm not sure I completely understand what it is you're asking for, but rather than using tags, another way to keep things grouped conceptually might be to use the "Date bought" field. If you leave it blank until the item is in your hot little hands, you can always instantly find those items by selecting the "unknown" radio button in the "Date bought" section of the collection filters on the profile page. Then, when they arrive, you just edit each item and click the "today" action link. Good enough?

Go Up