Takara Beast Saga

Started by ScottyP, December 17, 2017, 10:54:32 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

ScottyP

Me and some buddies have started poking around collecting Takara's Beast Saga line lately, any chance we could add this to the site?

For sub-groups, I think there'd be Starter Packs, Booster Packs, Figures, Vehicles, Sofubi, and, uh, something or other for the things like the play mat and things just there for the dice game aspect of the line.

KidTDragon

These Starter/Booster Packs, these are standalone cards (not packed with a figure or some other type of toy)?
<br />

ScottyP

"Starter packs" are 3 packs of figures, and there's at least one that's a six pack. The Boosters are like the Micron Boosters in Transformers, case packs that had blind packed figures.

Starter pack example: https://www.amazon.com/Beast-Saga-BS02-Starter-Kingdom/dp/B008KIMPLQ

Booster pack example: https://tfsource.com/beast-saga/bs-40-booster-vol-3-case/

KidTDragon

Ah, okay. I did some very cursory research and thought I saw packs of cards in this line. Yeah, this looks addable. One more quick question before I add the categories: What's the difference between the figures that would be listed under "Booster Packs" and "Figures"?
<br />

ScottyP

Not much except for a shared ID number on the Boosters like "BS-03". It probably wouldn't hurt to just make the one sub-group to handle both?

KidTDragon

Well, if the packages are different, that could justify separate categories.
<br />

KidTDragon

December 27, 2017, 12:41:12 PM Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:49:36 PM by KidTDragon
OK, Scotty, I've set up categories for "Starter Packs", "Booster Packs", "Vehicles", "Sofubi", and "Accessories" (for the dice, etc.). Feel free to start adding, and let me know if any of the categories need to be refined in any way.

EDIT: Did a bit more research and found why you requested a separate "Figures" category. It's been added.
<br />

ScottyP

Sorry for the delayed reply, busy week all around! How do I find it to start adding? Not in the lists under "Browse" as far as I can tell.

engledogg

Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

KidTDragon

You can also click the giant "Add It Yourself" button from anywhere and select it from the main toyline drop-down.
<br />

ScottyP

Thanks for the help so far! I've added what I can for the moment.

Need another grouping for "Campaign", looks like there were some giveaway figures here and there. Found a few on eBay and bought them with that knowledge because I have no self control ><

Also need a Gashapon category, and another Booster Pack volume for Volume 3.

There are a couple oddities with the numbering as opposed to release dates and item names with the vehicles, but what I put in is correct best I can tell. If you check the numbers you'll see BS-44 isn't there, turns out this was cancelled.

That should do it, the line didn't last long. Finding the info wasn't too bad, thankfully. A lot of 404s on the official Takara images but I do plan to circle back to that at some point.

KidTDragon

New categories added! Don't forget to add the parts (figures and weapons/accessories) to each record as well. Thanks!
<br />

ScottyP

New categories added! Don't forget to add the parts (figures and weapons/accessories) to each record as well. Thanks!
Hoping I can get around to that over the weekend, but yeah especially need to do that on the multi-figure packs! Thanks for adding the othsr groups, will try to get the entries in soon.

ScottyP

Just noticed the Gashapon had volumes added, I see where I may have accidentally misled on that. Best I can tell there was only one assortment so  don't need the vol 1/vol 2 subs for that part.

KidTDragon

Hoping I can get around to that over the weekend, but yeah especially need to do that on the multi-figure packs! Thanks for adding the othsr groups, will try to get the entries in soon.
No worries. I didn't mean to sound like I was rushing you. We're just trying to keep the empty product records to a minimum. :)

Just noticed the Gashapon had volumes added, I see where I may have accidentally misled on that. Best I can tell there was only one assortment so  don't need the vol 1/vol 2 subs for that part.
That was my fault. I saw that dragonautes2010.blogspot.com mentioned two gashapon waves and thought I'd get a jump on making the categories before you asked. It's fixed.
<br />

Go Up