[RESOLVED]Renaming old incorrect entries instead of deleting and creating...

Started by Wajo357, August 17, 2017, 05:13:45 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

engledogg

August 23, 2017, 04:47:34 PM Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:52:55 PM by engledogg
Okay, so I was planning on assigning a new "added-to-database" date for Kickback and Gnaw, both found in this category:

https://www.shmax.com/products?q_filters_toyline=5074&q_sort_type=dateAdded&q_sort_dir=asc&q_pagination_limit=60&q_pagination_offset=0

but I noticed something.

Make sure it's sorted by "Added to database: oldest first" and scroll down to Bumblebee - he shows up under the May 23, 2016 sort separator, but over on the right, under "Latest Submissions", it says May 22, 2016. 

So, there's a day discrepancy between the sort separator and the date displayed in the right column's "Latest Submissions" area.

This seems to be a site-wide error:

https://www.shmax.com/products?q_filters_toyline=226

Rescue Roy: June 19, 2008 sort separator, June 18, 2008 date in the "Latest Submissions" area.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

Yep, definitely a bug. I think people have mentioned the totals being off before, but in the past I think they were generally talking about the collection counts. I'm a little surprised this particular situation escaped our notice for so long, but it's definitely fixable. Might take a few days, but it'll get done.

shmax

Still working on it, folks. Stay tuned.

shmax

Okay, I think we're all set!

I've just committed a change that should keep the "Top Submitters" information for both products and parts in sync with the state of the database, even when records are added or deleted. And as a bonus, I've beefed-up the functionality such that the numbers will even reflect any filters you're currently doing. You know, just in case you ever wondered who has submitted the most Molluscs in Beast Wars

As always, there's a non-zero chance that I broke other things with this fix, so please shout 'em out as you see them.

shmax

Oh, and I fixed the date formatting thing that Engledogg mentioned.

Go Up