Update 07/5/2017

Started by shmax, July 05, 2017, 09:03:03 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

July 05, 2017, 09:03:03 PM Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:09:08 PM by shmax
Has it really been nearly a year since I last posted an update? I guess that's what I get for discovering Game of Thrones 5 years after everyone else did. Stupid nothing-knowing Jon Snow.

I do have a few things to report. First, we've moved again. We're now on AWS. I think this is the last move we're going to do for a while; we have Unlimited Storage and Power, now, and it's bizarrely cheap.

That's kept me pretty busy for the last month or so, but I have managed to find time to do a little polishing here and there...

New Features:

* There is now a "Tags" field in the collection UI. You can type in stuff like "Found at Garage Sale", "Gift from Grandma", or whatever you want. These tags will be tied exclusively to your collection, and when you go to add new tags the old ones will autocomplete to save on typing. (requested by Engledogg)

Enhancements
* The filtering interface on the profile page has been spruced-up and expanded quite a bit. You can now filter on date bought, price paid, and even the "tags" previously mentioned. (requested by Engledogg)
* The "Exclusives" store picker widget doodad on the modify product page has been retired and replaced with a tag input.

Bug fixes:

* fixed data source for the wishlist tab (reported by robofinch)
* sku links on the wishlist tab items now work as expected
* fixed removal of items from the wishlist
* fixed various issues with changing usernames (reported by Spiff-o-matic... formerly Spliffdizzle)
* fixed mold widget (reported by Engledogg)
* fixed issue where reparenting a category with a lot of collectors associated with it would cause the site to chug (reported by Engledogg)
* fixed similar issue where changing the release date on a toy collected by hundreds of users would cause chuggage
* optimized collection download code so that it doesn't choke on truly epic collections (engledogg again)
* fixed issue where the browse "view" would change from "details" to "brief" when doing a sort (engledogg)
* fixed issue where changing a toyline on a toy with multiple toylines would cause strange behavior
* optimized loading of "shared names" for part records with a lot of shared names (such as "instruction booklet". Reported by Engledogg)
* fixed issue where the "package type" would not be displayed correctly in the original column when doing submission reviews (Engledogg)
* fixed issue where adding multiple "forms" to a part record would result in only a single form being added (Engledogg).

And lots more. I'd go on, but I'm tired of typing and this is time that could be better spent fixing more bugs. Or playing Mass Effect. Big thanks to Engledogg for his tireless bug-chasing efforts.

Go Up