Change Username?

Started by Spiff-O-Matic, June 23, 2017, 01:41:11 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Spiff-O-Matic

Is it possible to change our username on here? I changed my username on TFW a while back and have started using the name Spiff-O-Matic elsewhere as well. Including my TF blog, http://www.spiff-o-matic.com.

engledogg

Hmm...I think you can, but don't quote me on that.

If you go to your forum profile and click "change" under your username, I think you'll get a message about the forum changing your username, in addition to something about resetting your password, which should be mailed to your e-mail address on file.

However, I'm not sure if doing that will change both your forum username AND your database username.

If I were you, I wouldn't do anything until someone higher up on the food chain can confirm that this will work. 

Max, can you shed any light on this?  I don't want to steer him in the wrong direction and have him getting locked out of his account or anything.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

This *was* supported at one time; I have some hooks in my code for detecting a name change via the forums, refreshing cache, updating the vanity url, etc, but that was before the last time I attempted to upgrade the forum software. I just tried it on my local development machine and the forums warned me of a "hacking attempt". So you'd better hold off on doing it on your own account until I can troubleshoot this. I'm a bit swamped with other issues and features currently in the works, but I've filed a ticket in our issue tracker and I absolutely will get to it as soon as I possibly can. Hang in there, Spliff-a-rino...

shmax

Okay, Spliffy, I fixed a few things and you're free to give it a try. I'd try it myself, but I, uh, don't want to screw up my account. Heh. Let me know how it goes...

Spiff-O-Matic

Well, I changed it for the forums (thanks!), but it did not change my overal username on the site. No biggie, I don't want to cause trouble for Max for such a vain request ;)

shmax

You have to make sure you're changing the right field; I was confused by this, as well:

Spiff-O-Matic

I don't have that option...

shmax

Hmm, I guess that's an admin-only thing. There's probably a switch somewhere to activate it for regular users, but since you're the first person to ask for this in several years I won't bother looking for it. I went ahead and made the change for you and it seems to work, but I noticed that the "Collection" and "Wishlist" links weren't handling the hyphens correctly, so I fixed that, as well. You should be all set!

Spiff-O-Matic

Thanks homie! I couldn't help but notice you made the username spliff-o-matic instead of spiff-o-matic... can this be changed?

shmax

Er, whoops, sorry. Fixed.

Go Up