Retailer exclusive includes

Started by Spiff-O-Matic, May 16, 2017, 07:23:46 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Spiff-O-Matic

So, the recent Mech Planet Soundtrack/Soundboard releases have included an extra tape figure at certain retailers, but I don't know if there's an accurate list of where they are for sure. My question is, how do we list these if we're not sure what the exclusivity is?

For example, my Soundtrack (Soundwave) did not include the clear Laserbeak from Toy Dojo, but I read on TFW that people who ordered from Uncle Billy and perhaps other Asian retailers did receive it.

Same for Soundboard (Soundblaster) I just got from Toy Dojo. It came with HS-04L Lightning Bird (in addition to the Ratbat that comes with this figure), but there was no indication on the box or from the retailer when I ordered that it would include this.

engledogg

May 16, 2017, 12:12:52 PM Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:19:38 PM by engledogg
Hmm...maybe we should handle them how we handle the "pack-in" items that come with the Masterpiece figures (tiny "Reflector", Grimlock throne, etc.), treating them as their own products?  As for exclusivity, just indicate the "major" retailers that these were known to come from - Laserbird from Toy Dojo, Uncle Billy, etc. and Bat Soldier from Toy Dojo and maybe a note in the comments section stating which extra came with whatever main figure.

With this kind of stuff, I don't think there's an exact science as to how effectively list them.  It's either this or create a bunch of different listings with any and all possible combinations of the extra goodies that could be packed in with these guys, and that's where you enter "Decoy w/ Throttlebot, Mini-Spy w/ Mini-Car/Bot territory".  Well, not nearly as bad...but still.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

engledogg

By the way...how tall are these Soundwave lookalikes?  They look sorta cool...especially for $15.99.  Is that really the price?

MIKE
engledogg

Spiff-O-Matic

Yup, they are 15.99. They're similar in size to the Iron Factory figures that have been coming out for the past year or two. He's about 4.5 inches tall at the head.

https://goo.gl/photos/uWq9YLvWdi5umAk18

Spiff-O-Matic

I created a new record for Lightning Bird and added the figures and tech specs card under it. Also marked it as ToyDojo exclusive for now until there is further confirmation of other retailers having it as well.

engledogg

Yup, they are 15.99. They're similar in size to the Iron Factory figures that have been coming out for the past year or two. He's about 4.5 inches tall at the head.

https://goo.gl/photos/uWq9YLvWdi5umAk18
Nice.  I might have to pick one of these guys up. :)

Also, I approved all your subs.

MIKE
engledogg

Spiff-O-Matic

Well, according to conversation here it appears all Soundboard's come with Lightning Bird.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/mech-planet-sound-board.1105861/

engledogg

Gotcha..well, we can just move the stuff for Lightning Bird over to Soundboard and then we can delete the separate Lightning Bird listing.

MIKE
engledogg

Spiff-O-Matic

Sounds good. Is that something you'll take care of, or do I need to make the new part?

engledogg

May 17, 2017, 12:33:27 PM Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:36:10 PM by engledogg
Nope, I can move 'em...doing it now.

Done.

MIKE
engledogg

Go Up