[RESOLVED]Images not showing after submission

Started by Spiff-O-Matic, November 07, 2016, 09:08:23 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Spiff-O-Matic

November 07, 2016, 09:08:23 AM Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 09:54:00 AM by shmax
In the past when I've submitted a new pic for a part and assigned the front image, it would appear afterwards immediately without needing approval by an admin. Did this change recently? I'm uploading images for Generation Toys Tyrant model-Megatron (http://www.shmax.com/product_details/27393/tyrant) and it's not showing the images. They have been assigned properly when I go back into edit to double check.

engledogg

I just checked the queue...there is a single photo submission for an existing Tyrant product and two adds for a new instruction booklet with photos.

Looking at the numbers assigned to the part add submissions, both appear to be for the same instruction booklet, as they are numbered 55113 and 55114. but both have the same image assigned to them.

When you say the photos "would appear afterwards immediately without needing approval by an admin", do you mean that as you're uploading a photo, once the photo is uploaded, it disappears?

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Spiff-O-Matic

I mean I would submit the photo, then it would bring me back to the item's page and the photo would show there. Now it's only showing the "add a photo" default image. I don't care either way how it works, but in the past it's shown them right away so I was just checking to see if something had changed or was broken.

engledogg

Ahhh...gotcha. 

Yeah, I think the old way is likely how it should be, but there's something keeping the new image from being immediately displayed.  Maybe a cache thing?  I'm sure shmax will have both a much better answer and a fix once he checks in.

MIKE
engledogg

shmax

November 07, 2016, 03:11:19 PM Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:45:47 PM by shmax
That was my fault, sorry. The feature you're talking about was what you could call a submission "preview"--any submissions you made would be visible to you (but no one else) on the product or part details page until a moderator reviewed the changes. 

I haven't really announced this, but I recently rewrote the back end for shmax.com, and I couldn't figure out a clean way to keep the preview feature--which was sort of a hacky mess--in the new architecture. I did intend to re-implement it after things had settled down a bit, but I was also toying with the idea of, well, not. Thoughts?

Spiff-O-Matic

Like I said, I don't care if it's there or not. I was just curious why it wasn't working the way it had been recently... like was something broken, or just changed? If your code changes make things easier for you, I'm all for it!

engledogg

So, those two submissions for the same instruction booklet...did you accidentally create two records?  If not, then we've got a bug.

MIKE
engledogg

Spiff-O-Matic

I don't recall making two submissions, unless you mean creating the accessory then going back into it to assign the image because I thought it didn't do it right?

shmax

I just tried creating a part (on my development version of the site) then going back in and making a change (assigned the photo to the secondary slot) , and didn't see any extra records created in the submission queue. Can you think of any additional steps you might have done, Spliffy?

Spiff-O-Matic

No sir. I created a new accessory (instruction booklet), assigned an image to it, then went back into edit it after I noticed the image didn't show up like I expected t make sure I had assigned the front image correctly.

I have had issues in the past where I do choose a front image, then after saving it didn't show up. I would go back in to edit and found the front image didn't save like I expected so I'd have to choose it again. The second time it would save.

shmax

When you went back in to edit, did you change anything, or did you just let it ride and click submit again?

Spiff-O-Matic

Since the image was already there, I didn't have to change anything. I don't recall whether I clicked save again, or just clicked back.

Spiff-O-Matic

Do you guys want me to submit another accessory to Tyrant as a test?

shmax

I don't think we need to resort to that, yet. I'll sync up data after work tonight and see if I can reproduce the issue. If we still can't figure it out after that, then we can start to get more creative.

shmax

Still unable to reproduce. Not sure what sort of weird voodoo you were practicing, Spliffy, but I guess we'll just have to wait for this to happen again.

Go Up