[RESOLVED] Wishlist Function Not Working

Started by robofinch, November 03, 2016, 11:41:58 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

robofinch

November 03, 2016, 11:41:58 PM Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:09:46 AM by shmax
Not sure if this is just me or not, but I can't seem to add anything to my wishlist. Tried using the website on my MacBook Pro and on my Android and they both do the same thing. I can tick the "wishlist" box, but when I go to view my actual wishlist, nothing changes.

Thanks!

ultramagnusdiaclone

I'm experiencing the same problem. But worse than that is that almost all of my records since 2014 have been erased, and I'll have to fill every information again. This is the second time it happens and I am almost giving up on this, which is frustrating because I like the site.

shmax

Fixed the wishlist thing, folks.

Robofinch, what do you mean all your records have been erased? Are you talking about your wishlist, or your collection items?

ultramagnusdiaclone

It happened with me ultramagnusdiaclone. Wishlist items, and my collection entries since 2014 were removed. If you can look into it, because it happened once before.

thanks.

shmax

November 04, 2016, 09:47:00 AM Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 10:09:17 AM by shmax
It happened with me ultramagnusdiaclone. Wishlist items, and my collection entries since 2014 were removed. If you can look into it, because it happened once before.

thanks.
Ah, sorry--got confused. I'll have to investigate this in a bit more depth after work, but I just had a quick look at the raw data, and I see 271 items in your wishlist, and 266 items in your collection, dating all the way back to 2008 and ranging all the way up to present. There are definitely items from 2014, 2015, and 2016 present (eg. http://www.shmax.com/ultramagnusbr/?c_filters_toyline=2827 ), so one possibility is that you were trying to view your collection at a point when we had a render bug (things like quotation marks in the name are a source of endless difficulty) so that the data would just sort of end as you were scrolling, but your data seems to be intact.

Can you have another look and see if anything is still missing?

Oh, and by the way, when you discover issues like this don't be shy about reporting them; every little issue gets tracked and fixed (often the same day, if I'm not wrapped up in some major project), but I can't fix what I don't know about. Also, there's really no such thing as missing data--the site gets backed up every night. If you still feel that there are collection items missing from your account, I'll pull data from backup and see if I can confirm.

ultramagnusdiaclone

Thank you for your quick reply. I guess I overreacted. Some items were missing, mostly recent items. The wishlist was clean but now they are back.

However the problem now is when I try to add items back to my collection they seem fine at first, but after refreshing the page they are removed.

Thanks.

shmax

Thank you for your quick reply. I guess I overreacted. Some items were missing, mostly recent items. The wishlist was clean but now they are back.

However the problem now is when I try to add items back to my collection they seem fine at first, but after refreshing the page they are removed.

Thanks.
Can you provide some specifics? For example:
1. When did you observe this problem? Does it still happen today? Does it happen every time, or only intermittently?
2. What page were you on when you added the item or items? Which item or items did you add?
3. When you say you refresh the page and they are removed, which page are you talking about?

Etc. If you can provide this information I can likely investigate this tonight. Thanks much!

ultramagnusdiaclone

Can you provide some specifics? For example:
1. When did you observe this problem? Does it still happen today? Does it happen every time, or only intermittently?

A: It began today. I've tried once again and it's still happening.

2. What page were you on when you added the item or items? Which item or items did you add?

A: I'm trying to add some Transformers Masterpiece items, like, Ratchet, Red Bumble, Road Rage, Tracks, etc. Some were on my collection before, some I've bought today.

3. When you say you refresh the page and they are removed, which page are you talking about?

A: After navigating to Transformers > Masterpiece, whenever I add the item and its attributues, and then change the page or refresh, either way, the items are not there when I come back.

Etc. If you can provide this information I can likely investigate this tonight. Thanks much!

shmax

I was able to confirm the issue with "Acid Storm" while logged-in as you (but not as myself). Will see if I can figure it out and fix it tonight. Thanks for the info!

shmax

Okay, we should be all set, UltraMagnusDiaclone. The issue had to do with some pagination that happens internally--you happen to own more than 10 of the Masterpiece toys, so anything over that limit wasn't making it to the front end. I've corrected the issue. Thanks for hanging in there!

ultramagnusdiaclone

Now it's working perfectly! Thank you.

robofinch

Hello! Me again. Now it seems like I can add to the wishlist, but can't remove anything. I can hit the "delete from wishlist" button and it will disappear, but if I refresh the page, it comes right back.

Should I make a new topic?

engledogg

No need...I changed the topic title for you.  :)

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

robofinch

Much appreciated!  :D

shmax

July 02, 2017, 01:18:06 PM Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:20:16 PM by shmax
Turns out the wishlist stuff wasn't working at all! I've made the following changes:

- clicking on links in the wishlist rows once again works as expected
- wishlist items are drawn from your wishlist (the items you were seeing in the list were just the regular sku items for each toyline category)
- deleting wishlist items hits the right API endpoint

In short, it should work now. I'm a little surprised no one noticed any of this before now, because as far as I can tell it's been broken for at least a year. Erm, sorry.

Anyway, you should be all set. Let me know if you notice anything else.

Go Up