[RESOLVED] pages taking long time to load

Started by rockchick86, July 06, 2016, 08:29:12 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

rockchick86

July 06, 2016, 08:29:12 AM Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:39:39 PM by shmax
I've been experiencing this issue for a few weeks now, not sure if it is just on my end or what but it seems like all the pages are taking a very long time to load, some requiring multiple reloads/refreshes.

Spiff-O-Matic

Since Shmax did some upgrades a couple weeks ago (or longer, not sure the exact date) the site has been blazing fast for. I do recall the behavior you're describing before that though. I wonder if it's cache related on your PC? Try loading the site using a private browsing/incognito window to see if that helps.

KidTDragon

Does this happen on every computer you log in from or just one? If it's just one, try clearing out your browser's cache.
<br />

rockchick86

July 07, 2016, 11:13:19 AM Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:16:08 AM by rockchick86
It happens on both my home computer and my work computer. I typically clear out the browser history once a week so I am not sure if it is the cache. I've tried both Firefox and Google Chrome but on Internet Explorer it seems to work just fine

shmax

July 07, 2016, 02:22:17 PM Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:28:31 PM by shmax
pages are taking a very long time to load
It would be helpful if you could post a few links to particular pages you're having trouble with. Otherwise, there's not much I can do; the site has been super zippy lately for the rest of us (I use Chrome).

rockchick86

July 11, 2016, 06:07:25 AM Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 06:36:59 AM by rockchick86
pages are taking a very long time to load
It would be helpful if you could post a few links to particular pages you're having trouble with. Otherwise, there's not much I can do; the site has been super zippy lately for the rest of us (I use Chrome).

Honestly, its like every link I click on takes forever to load and it eventually times out in chrome. I'd click on browse and it would have to be refreshed quite a bit. Similarly, click on different options on the left of the screen to narrow down a franchise / figure line / etc all took some time.

engledogg

I'm running Chrome and haven't experienced any slow page loads or crashes.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

July 12, 2016, 09:45:00 AM Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:47:36 AM by shmax
Doing my best to investigate, but so far I haven't found anything.

takes forever to load and
How long is "forever"? Seconds? Minutes? Does the page eventually load, or do you have to keep spamming the refresh button? What do you mean when you say "it would have to be refreshed quite a bit"? Does this problem happen--literally--all the time, or is it intermittent? Can you confirm again that it happens in Chrome but not in IE? Which version of IE are you using?

And finally, since you're good with screenshots, could you do me a favor and run the following experiment:

1. Open http://shmax.com/products in Chrome
2. Right-click somewhere on the page and select "Inspect" from the context menu
3. Click the "Network" tab
4. Refresh the page. Scroll to the top of the network window.
5. Screenshot. Should look like this: http://take.ms/OAbKn
6. Click on the "Console" tab.
7. Screenshot. Like this: http://take.ms/s3aX9

Post your screenshots here, and we'll go from there. Thanks for hanging in there.

rockchick86

Here are some screenshots

shmax

Hmm, interesting. So rather than being slow to load, it looks like--at least in these cases--it doesn't load at all. Is that right? Well, maybe what I'll do is start with the datatables issue and see if that gets us any farther. Thanks much.

shmax

rockchick86, I've fixed the datatables error. Please try loading pages again and let me know if it's any better.

rockchick86

Hmm, interesting. So rather than being slow to load, it looks like--at least in these cases--it doesn't load at all. Is that right? Well, maybe what I'll do is start with the datatables issue and see if that gets us any farther. Thanks much.
You're welcome! I am just running through the site now to see if I encounter any of the same issues. The forums were just causing me to refresh a few times but i'll see if it happens again.

rockchick86

August 04, 2016, 07:29:04 AM Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:32:53 AM by rockchick86
Looks like it is still happening :(

shmax

August 08, 2016, 09:22:50 AM Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 10:04:08 AM by shmax
Are you by any chance running anti-virus software? If so, please disable it and try again. Let me know!

rockchick86

I do run Avast anti virus at both home and work...but over the last week or two the site seems to be a okay! I haven't been experiencing the lag at all.

Go Up