Machine Robo series (original) missing from DB

Started by shesmovedon, June 09, 2016, 01:19:06 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

engledogg

Yeah, hold off on the contents.  I'll just use the clone to fill up the packages.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

engledogg

June 16, 2016, 12:21:20 PM Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 02:46:24 PM by engledogg
Just updating the first post here for the second page...

Machine Robo
> Machine Robo
      - Big Machine Robo
      - Devil Invaders (did these guys have label sheets?)
      - Double Machine Robo
      - Machine Puzzler
      - Machine Robo Best 5
      - Machine Robo Series
      - Martial Arts Robo
      - Playsets (finished only with Battle Armor Five, working on Land Commander Five, everything else is empty)
      - Scale Robo DX (mostly finished - still need MR-DX06 Saladin Mk. II version)
> Revenge of Cronos
      - Chara Collection
      - Chara DX Collection
      - Dash Robo
      - Devil Satan Six
      - Double Machine Robo
      - Gyandlar Devils
      - Large Figures
      - Machine Robo Series
      - Martial Arts Robo
      - Motorised Vehicles
      - Playsets
      - Rock Monsters
      - Rock Robo
      - Wheelmen

Subcategories with strikethrough text are considered to be "complete" (of course, if anyone else has any more additions, feel free to add) in that they have both products and completed contents. 

Subcategories in italics have products and some contents. 

Subcategories in bold text have products, but no contents.   

Subcategories in plain text are empty, having neither products nor contents.

MIKE
engledogg

shesmovedon

Thanks, Mike. I'll get to filling in all the that I can :D

engledogg

Please check your PM box/e-mail regarding photo submissions.

Thanks!
MIKE
engledogg

shesmovedon

July 13, 2016, 02:46:51 PM Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:49:53 PM by shesmovedon
Thanks for the note.

My understanding was that a black background was acceptable even if white is preferred. I find it infinitely easier to get a clean shot from a black background than white, given my current photographing skill level. If white is mandatory then I will just have to improve my skills (and get a better white backdrop :D

Additionally, I have been hitting the max upload limit of ~1MB and have been limiting the res of my photos. I would LOVE to upload higher res but I can't bear to compress a JPG aggressively to get more pixels out of a pic. I am open to any suggestions on this one.

edit: I updated my notification prefs so I'll get emails now #thumb

engledogg

July 13, 2016, 03:12:56 PM Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:15:01 PM by engledogg
Yes, white backgrounds are mandatory for any photos that serve a "primary" purpose.  For example, primary part photos, form photos, and product front/back photos all require a white background.  A black background can be used for photos, but only for those photos that serve only as gallery ("non-primary") photos.  Basically, for all important photos, a white background is required.  Having said that, photos with black backgrounds can be accepted but will not serve as primary photos.

Regarding size, your photos are coming through much smaller than 1MB...for example, the photos you submitted for Police Robo are 176K and 184K.  The Shuttle Robo front and back photos are 153K and 174K, respectively.

MIKE
engledogg

shesmovedon

That's weird. When I "Save for Web..." from Photoshop, they come through at 900ish KB. I try to get as close to 1024 KB, by adjusting the image size (pixels), without driving myself insane. I'm using Chrome on a Mac if that is meaningful information.

I'll work on getting my act together for white backgrounds :D

shesmovedon

I just uploaded this image for MR-13 front (uploaded to Imgur and attached to this post):

Let me know if that size came through wacky.

engledogg

The new photo on the submission is 180K.  It still needs a bit of cleanup as it still has some background gunk - on the right side of the image, starting about halfway down and continuing to the bottom.  Getting closer...

MIKE
engledogg

shesmovedon

I recognize I have some work to do on the white balance. However, the exact same file that I uploaded was attached to that last post and uploaded to imgur. It's ~900 KB. I don't understand why it would get hacked down to less than 200 KB. I think that is a site issue or I am doing something really dumb when I upload the photo.

shesmovedon

I took some screenshots of the upload process and attached them to this post. In the Finder, the file is ~900 KB. When I upload, the file is processed by the site for a moment and then hacked down to 196 KB.

According to Photoshop, the image should be 1020x1371 at 72 dpi.

shmax

July 14, 2016, 11:59:59 AM Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 03:30:45 PM by shmax
It's ~900 KB. I don't understand why it would get hacked down to less than 200 KB.
I compress the files when doing all the automatic cropping and other processing. Is it causing a noticeable drop in quality?

engledogg

July 14, 2016, 12:24:40 PM Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:33:32 PM by engledogg
I don't really see any drop in quality:

Submitted shmax photo - 180.90 KB (185,240 bytes)

vs

Imgur photo - 920.59 KB (942,688 bytes)

MIKE
engledogg

engledogg

On a side note, I downloaded an extension that allows you to right-click on an image to quickly see the dimensions and size of the image while in Chrome.  Funny I never noticed the lack of this feature until now.

MIKE
engledogg

shesmovedon

It's ~900 KB. I don't understand why it would get hacked down to less than 200 KB.
I compress the files when during all the automatic cropping and other processing. Is it causing a noticeable drop in quality?

I feel much less crazy now.

Go Up