Update 05/08/2016

Started by shmax, May 08, 2016, 10:42:21 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shmax

May 08, 2016, 10:42:21 AM Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:27:51 PM by shmax
Hey folks, I recently updated the forum software, and there were some hiccups. The version I installed is marked as beta, and there were dire warnings everywhere to scare me away from using it in production, but it had some new code I needed in order to make the upgrade to PHP 7 that I've been working on possible. And, what can I say, I'm the Evel Knievel (look him up) of upgrades.

So far the main damage seems to be that all your custom avatars were blown away. Sorry. I tried to restore them, but they're just gone. Please re-upload your various varmints.

That's the only issue we've discovered affecting regular users, but please be on the lookout for more.

shmax

There were also some issues with user authentication. I think I fixed 'em all, but if you have trouble logging in you may need to reset your password with the "Forgot password" link on the login popup.

shmax

Some fixes:

- corrected what the forum thinks the forum's url is. This won't have any effect on browsing around, but any emails you receive from the forum software (reset password, topic replies, etc) should now have clickable links.

- fixed the layout such that the membership button once again appears in its expected top right spot when viewing the forums

shmax

- finally fixed the "log out" link from the membership drop-down menu

Tripredacus

May 09, 2016, 09:07:45 AM Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:12:14 AM by Tripredacus
My forum profile appears normally (I didn't do anything) but I see a generic man shape next to my name in the drop down up top.

Some thoughts regarding the forum:
- When looking at your own post, you can see your IP address. When looking at other's posts, you see "Logged" under their location. When you click it goes here: http://www.shmax.com/forum/index.php?action=helpadmin;help=see_member_ip . That seems an unnecessary thing to have there.
- The div under the post message, but above the signature (class under_message) seems to be larger than it should be. It has 12px padding which might be the reason.

shmax

My forum profile appears normally (I didn't do anything) but I see a generic man shape next to my name in the drop down up top.
Engledogg reported something similar this morning; should be fixed, now.

That seems an unnecessary thing to have there.
Specifically, what? The ip link?

The div under the post message, but above the signature (class under_message) seems to be larger than it should be
Yeah, there is something strange there, isn't there? I'll see if I can figure it out.

shmax

Okay, so I've removed the padding. I also nuked the border separating the post content from the moderation box, removed the box-shadow, and corrected the "content" attribute (using "normal" instead of empty string). All bettah?

Tripredacus

Yes it looks much better now.  :)

Go Up