sealed vs opened

Started by doyle, December 31, 2015, 07:29:06 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

doyle

Hello there,

just recently found this site as a result of me just starting collecting. Maybe this question has been asked before, if so im sorry for repeating the posts.

In short i came upon a few masterpieces as well as some commemorative figurines, some opened some sealed. Im well aware that for old G1 being sealed bring a much higher premium...but what about reissues? Im not looking at it as an investment point of view more as a collector. Considering those reissue are only a lil piece of scotchtape is there a big price difference? Is it worth it to buy opened masterpiece?

anyway, i would appreciate your points of view and thank you for your time.

KidTDragon

I think it really depends on whether you're planning to take them out and play with/display them. If you're opening it anyway, you might as well buy opened. You usually pay a little less for opened vs sealed when it comes to reissues, but I've never seen a huge price difference.
<br />

triKlops

I tend to keep reissues MISB countering that with so many loose non-reissue out there to buy up.
MPs get opened as well but boxes saved.

Good luck and welcome!!

Tripredacus

For carded items, I consider an item that is complete and loose, with card to be "opened" even if the bubble is missing. For items I purchase myself, I keep the cardboard insert... but if I buy the things separately, I can consider it "opened" without that insert.

Of course, the database is how you use it. Some people just use the site as a checklist and may add an item to their collection without clicking every box. Or some can be out of date (like mine) as I have opened quite a few of the items in my collection in recent months and not updated my collection to reflect that.

G2 Megatron

If you want to take them out of the box buy them used!

triKlops

If you want to take them out of the box buy them used!

Valid point, depending on availability.
Nothing wrong with some loose figures for a good price!  8)

Go Up