What are these Legion class?

Started by Tripredacus, November 28, 2015, 11:45:02 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

When looking up TFs to add to my collection, recently I just sort by the assortment number. Today I bought 2 Legion class figures at Dollar General because they are having a Buy 1 Get 1 75% off sale. The two I got are:

Cliffjumper B2586/A7725
Skywarp B2585/A7725

At first I thought the Skywarp was this one:
http://www.shmax.com/product_details/20548/skywarp

But when I look at all 10 releases of A7725, there are 2 that are called "CW packaging" which is Optimus Prime and Bumblebee. CW, is this to mean the artwork taking up most of the card from the left, and the right is the black strip with the red Transformers logo? If so then that is what these two are. The other ones at the store in this type packaging were Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Grimlock.

Anyways, I had to ask because there are not pictures of either packaging type under A7725.

engledogg

There are three that have the "CW-style packaging" in parentheses - Grimlock, Bee, and Prime, since they are just repacks.

As for using "CW-style packaging" I couldn't think of a better way to describe the Combiner Wars-esque packaging for these guys.  I suppose I should type out Combiner Wars, though.  Once we get photos, we can likely drop the stuff in parentheses.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Tripredacus

So should I add the Cliffjumper and Skywarp I have or are they already in the database?

engledogg

December 08, 2015, 09:26:22 AM Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:34:29 AM by engledogg
They're already in the database...the Skywarp you linked to above is the one you own.  The only reason the other ones ("repacked" Bee, Prime, and Grimlock) received the "CW-style" call-out was to distinguish them from the older-style (AOE-ish) packaging.  Like I said, once we get photos of these, perhaps the call-outs won't even be needed.

Edit: I just found some stock photos of Skywarp and friends in packaging.  It'll do until we get some user-submitted ones.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Tripredacus

OK Sorry I had it backwards. I was presuming that there were non-CW versions of those two.

Go Up