Tamashii Nations Toyline category?

Started by Lbsammills51, August 02, 2015, 04:38:04 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Lbsammills51

I have a bunch of figures from the various Tamashii Nations lines and wouldn't mind creating listings for them. With that in mind, could an individual "Tamashii Nations" toy line category be created, with the individual lines branching off from there:

Figuarts (D-Arts, S.H. Figuarts, S.H. Figuarts Shinkocchou Seihou, Figuarts Zero as sub-categories)
MonsterArts (S.H. MonsterArts as sub-category, allowing for a "MonsterArts Zero" sub-category down the road if Bandai ever went that route)
Ultra-Act
Super Imaginative Chogokin (S.I.C., S.I.C. Takumi Damashii, S.I.C. Kiwami Tamashii as sub-categories)
Tamashii Effect
Makai Kado
Robot Spirits
Armor Girls Project
Tamashii Buddies
Tamashii Stage
Proplica

(Additionally, the existing Chogokin toy line category could be moved under here, since the various Chogokin toy lines are part of Tamashii Nations; the DX Chogokin line also fits as a new sub-category under the general Chogokin line.)

Many of these lines include figures from various franchises within each line (Figuarts and the mech-based lines most of all) so I figure it'd help to have Tamashii Nations as a catch-all for these lines rather than try and bunch things via individual franchises like Kamen Rider, Super Sentai/Power Rangers, B-Fighters, Marvel, Nintendo, Dragon Ball, Gundam, Brave, etc.

shmax

SoS/KidTDragon, are either of you guys going to tackle this?

KidTDragon

August 04, 2015, 10:59:48 AM Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:16:31 AM by KidTDragon
I'll start setting up categories for him now. Give me an hour or two to get them in.

EDIT: OK, Lbsammills51, all the categories you listed are in the database. Feel free to start adding stuff. If you could also be sure to add parts to the product records you create, that'd be super!

SoS: Do you collect this line? I don't follow it beyond their Nintendo offerings.
<br />

Lbsammills51

Thanks! I'll be adding things during my free time over the next several weeks (there's lots to create!).

SoS

I'll start setting up categories for him now. Give me an hour or two to get them in.

EDIT: OK, Lbsammills51, all the categories you listed are in the database. Feel free to start adding stuff. If you could also be sure to add parts to the product records you create, that'd be super!

SoS: Do you collect this line? I don't follow it beyond their Nintendo offerings.

I have quite a few S.H. Figuarts, but nothing too extensive.  We are going to need some photos for all these products we keep adding, perhaps some stock images.  So perhaps Bandai should be added to the "contributor" list because we can't just expect our faithful Spliff to take pictures of everything.  :)

--SoS

shmax

Added "Bandai" as a photo donor. Thanks much for getting all this going, guys! Hey, I know everybody hates this part of it, but do you guys think you can take a crack at filling in the mold info while processing these new parts coming in? You'll have to make a few new nodes in the mold tree, but Engledogg can show you how to do the rest...

engledogg

August 06, 2015, 02:54:52 PM Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:00:21 PM by engledogg
Oh yeah, just a reminder...parts shouldn't be called "Right Hand" and "Right Hand (closed)".  Go with "Hand (right)" and "Hand (right, closed)", unless they're specifically given that name in the instructions/parts checklist/etc..

MIKE
engledogg 
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Lbsammills51

Hello again,

Belated follow-up regarding the Chogokin-related categories. I think the Chogokin categories should branch out like this:

Tamashii Nations -> Chogokin ->

Chogokin (Bandai) (it's a catch-all line for general Chogokin releases; the Chogokin Disney stuff, some One Piece stuff, Drossel, Monster Hunter Rathalos, Hatsune Miku, Hello Kitty, etc.)
DX Chogokin (technically the GD and GE Series subcategories that currently fall under Chogokin (Bandai) could fit under here; two sublines with different numbering that carry the DX Chogokin designation, though as far as I can tell only the "GE" numbered subline is currently ongoing - it's the Macross line)
DX Soul of Chogokin
Metal Build (forgot about this one before....Gundam-based, die-cast & preassembled despite the "Build" part of the line name)
Popynica
Soul SPEC
Soul of Chogokin
Soul of Popynica
Super Robot Chogokin (this is similar to Figuarts, Robot Spirits or SoC as another catch-all line that captures more mecha than just GaoGaiGar or Aquarion mechs - Mazinger, Super Robot Wars, Gunbuster, Gurren Lagann, etc.)

I'm still in the midst of creating listings (holy crap there's a lot to still get to) and this will help.

KidTDragon

It looks like those have all been created already. Are you able to see them when you make a new listing?
<br />

Lbsammills51

I do; sorry I should've been clearer in the previous post. I see those categories (thanks for the Metal Build addition, by the way), but with the Chogokin (Bandai) and Super Robot Chogokin options, the sub-categories that are currently under them either shouldn't be there (SRC) or they need a catch-all "Other" sub-category. For example, if I try to create a listing for SRC Gurren Lagann, I have to choose a sub-category designation for it between Genesis of Aquarion or GaoGaiGar, and Gurren Lagann doesn't fit into either series (let alone many other mechs that are part of the SRC line).

The Chogokin (Bandai) sub-categories GD Series and GE Series can be moved to sub-categories for the DX Chogokin line.

I'm thinking:

Chogokin (Bandai) - > Capsule Chogokin, Chogokin, THE Chogokin OR
Chogokin (Bandai) - > Capsule Chogokin, Chogokin (Other), Disney Series, THE Chogokin
DX Chogokin - > GD Series, GE Series
Super Robot Chogokin (no sub-categories)

Does that make sense? Let me know if further clarification is needed.

SoS

Added the extra Chogokin sub-cat under Chogokin (Bandai) for you, I also moved the GD and GE series as well.

--SoS

Go Up