[RESOLVED]Brief vs Details in Profile behaviour

Started by Tripredacus, February 23, 2015, 03:29:54 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

February 23, 2015, 03:29:54 PM Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:12:03 PM by shmax
It appears that if the Profile view is set for Brief, it will not automatically switch to Details unless something is available in cache. In other words, it appears that the transition between modes is entirely client side. For example:
http://www.shmax.com/tripredacus/collection?c_filters_keywords=Cindersaur&v=brief

At first, switching to Details did not do anything to the view other than bold the Details word and change the URL. (v=details)

It wasn't until I took that URL:
http://www.shmax.com/tripredacus/collection?c_filters_keywords=Cindersaur&v=details

And posted it in a new tab, that I saw the expected Details view showing the pictures of the loose toys and the items in parts checklist. Back on the original tab, I was then able to switch properly between Brief and Details view. However, one difference is that the formatting does not change properly when going back to Brief but that isn't a big deal to me.

engledogg

February 24, 2015, 08:54:09 AM Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 08:56:40 AM by engledogg
I've encountered something very similar (switching views only bolded the "details" word, in addition to the sort I ended my last session with not being the default when opening up the page again) and what fixed it for me, YMMV of course, was to clear my browser cache/browsing data.  After that, everything appeared as it should.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

Sorry folks, I didn't even notice this until today; been taking a bit of a vacation from shmax.com. Kind of beat tonight, but will look at it tomorrow.

shmax

So far, I've been unable to reproduce. Are you guys able to repeat this bug? Can you figure out the exact steps?

engledogg

So far, I've been unable to reproduce. Are you guys able to repeat this bug? Can you figure out the exact steps?

We talked about my scenario already a while ago on AIM, Max.  We did some testing at the time, and it was discovered that I just needed to clear Chrome's browsing data and everything from that point on was fine.

MIKE
engledogg

shmax

We talked about my scenario already a while ago on AIM, Max.  We did some testing at the time, and it was discovered that I just needed to clear Chrome's browsing data and everything from that point on was fine.

MIKE
engledogg

Hmm, works for me. I guess I'll go ahead and mark this as "resolved", and we can write it up if anybody sees it again. Thanks, Ed.

engledogg

Sorry, I meant "we" as you and I, Max.  I'm not sure about what's going on with trips.

MIKE
engledogg

Go Up