Adding more "Giant Robot" and Chogokin toys

Started by optimus_rhyme, August 07, 2014, 08:32:52 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

optimus_rhyme

Hi all. I just discovered this site. I looked around my room to start entering my collection, and the first item I saw was my Chogokin King Robo Mickey & Friends. I tried adding it to the site, but ran into some confusion trying to organize it. Seems like there's several universes of "giant robot" toys that could be added to this site but are currently difficult to categorize using the existing toyline categories.

shmax

August 07, 2014, 07:37:00 PM Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:40:02 PM by shmax
Well, the trick is to find someone who knows enough about that domain to review your submissions. Does that sound like something you can handle, SoS?

shmax

Well, we don't seem to have any volunteers, so I guess we'll have to work it out together. This is the toy in question:

http://www.gundamplanet.com/chogokin-king-robo-mickey-and-friends.html

So what would the top toyline category be? Chogokin? Tamashii Nations? Disney? Any suggestions?

KidTDragon

I'd put it under "Chogokin". The site's more likely to get more entries for Chogokin toys than Disney toys.
<br />

shmax

I'd put it under "Chogokin". The site's more likely to get more entries for Chogokin toys than Disney toys.

Sounds good to me. We're going to give SoS a few more days to poke his head in and take charge, but if he doesn't we'll try it your way.

SoS

Chogokin domain with cats and subcats have been added. I couldn't remember if Cho Gattai Mickey & Friends were a one-off or not, didn't pay attention when it was being released, and I couldn't find concrete info under what series it belonged. Part of me almost put it under Super Robot Chogokin, but I nested it under Chogokin > Chogokin (Banday) > Disney Series (just to go with the other themes for now).

--SoS

shmax

Chogokin domain with cats and subcats have been added. I couldn't remember if Cho Gattai Mickey & Friends were a one-off or not, didn't pay attention when it was being released, and I couldn't find concrete info under what series it belonged. Part of me almost put it under Super Robot Chogokin, but I nested it under Chogokin > Chogokin (Banday) > Disney Series (just to go with the other themes for now).

--SoS

Nice, thanks SoS.

Go Up