Colors in alphabetical order?

Started by Spiff-O-Matic, February 24, 2014, 06:41:55 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

KidTDragon

By the way, can you guys imagine any scenario in which "Full color" would make sense for metallic, or transparent materials?

There are prismatic stickers on some toys that could make the argument for full color metallic, but since they usually look like something that would be marked chrome/silver when light isn't hitting them the right way, it might be better to mark them as chrome/silver (or metallic whatever color they are when direct light isn't on them). Just thinking while I'm typing, here, but would adding "prismatic" as the metallic equivalent of "full color" make sense? Not necessarily to be used as its own color, but in addition to another metallic color? Say, marking something like regular She-Ra's crown as being chrome/silver and prismatic, or Bubble Power She-Ra's crown as metallic pink and prismatic?

Well, easy enough to add something like that. Tell ya what, let me know when it comes up, and we'll give it a shot.

There are already a handful of PoP toys with prismatic stickers or cloth, so I guess now's as good a time to experiment as any.
<br />

shmax

There are already a handful of PoP toys with prismatic stickers or cloth, so I guess now's as good a time to experiment as any.

So be it!

http://www.shmax.com/products/search

Spiff-O-Matic

Sorry to revive this old thread, but it's topical... should there perhaps be a "Grayscale" option for b/w printed items like instructions? Instead of picking Black, Gray and White.

shmax

How about if I re-label "Grey" to "Grey (Greyscale)"?

engledogg

How about we just stick with what we have?  If we have a figure that is actually black, grey, and white, I wouldn't want it described as "greyscale".

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Spiff-O-Matic

I was just thinking it would be like the Full Color option, but grayscale. No biggie if you guys don't like the idea, just a thought I had... :)

Tripredacus

How about we just stick with what we have?  If we have a figure that is actually black, grey, and white, I wouldn't want it described as "greyscale".

MIKE
engledogg

Greyscale, as spliff is talking about, should only apply to printed materials such as instructions, cards, catalogs, etc. It would not apply to a figure.

engledogg

December 23, 2014, 10:21:08 AM Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 10:29:19 AM by engledogg

Greyscale, as spliff is talking about, should only apply to printed materials such as instructions, cards, catalogs, etc. It would not apply to a figure.

Yes, ideally it should...however when shmax brought up the possibility of the color grey being renamed to "Grey (Greyscale)", that's when it entered figure territory.

If, however, "greyscale" were added as an additional color description, that's fine with me. 

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

Yes, ideally it should...however when shmax brought up the possibility of the color grey being renamed to "Grey (Greyscale)", that's when it entered figure territory.

If, however, "greyscale" were added as an additional color description, that's fine with me. 

MIKE
engledogg

So add it as an entirely new color, down by "Full color"?

Spiff-O-Matic

That was my intent when I brought it up Shmax ol' pal :)

shmax

That was my intent when I brought it up Shmax ol' pal :)

Yeah, I get the general idea, but we don't go monkeying with the colors lightly. Adding another special color to "plain" further disrupts the symmetry we had going across the three different material types. Furthermore, we have to work out how to go back and apply this new color to all the existing instruction sheets.

If you guys are on board, I'm on board.

Spiff-O-Matic

If its a PITA, never mind. I agree going and switching the other items that exist with the old way of selecting the colors would be a beast. Let's just put this one on the back-burner perhaps?

shmax

Too late! Added "Greyscale". Ed, am I safe to apply (with a script) the new color to all instruction booklets that don't currently have any colors applied?

Spiff-O-Matic

This is the part I just did that made me think of it initially. Is it safe to edit it now quick to Grayscale, or should I wait for you to do your script magic?

http://www.shmax.com/modify_part/41456/instructions_battle_mask_face

Typically, I've always added parts and gray, black and white when they're like this. Maybe finding all items called "instructions" with that color combo would be useful as well?

shmax

This is the part I just did that made me think of it initially. Is it safe to edit it now quick to Grayscale, or should I wait for you to do your script magic?

http://www.shmax.com/modify_part/41456/instructions_battle_mask_face

Typically, I've always added parts and gray, black and white when they're like this. Maybe finding all items called "instructions" with that color combo would be useful as well?

Yep, go ahead and tag it with Greyscale. I'll work on the script a bit later.

Go Up