Add Star Trek 1979 mego 3.75 action figures?

Started by shrike, February 03, 2014, 09:40:58 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

shrike

Hey guys-
  I am brand brand new here, so if this is the wrong place to post this, please kindly point me to where I should.

I was advised by Max to pose this question in the forums:

I have a collection of MOC Star Trek action figures, produced by Mego in 1979 for the first Star Trek Film. And no these aren't the typical "soft" Mego toys, but more like traditional modern-day action figures.

There are 12 in the collection, and I possess 4 of them (the 4 main characters from the film).

Would you guys have an aversion to creating a category for these under the Star Trek banner? Currently there is a ST cat, but it only has Kre-O toys in it.

And no I'm not really a "Star Trek guy", but first a TF fan and then Star Wars (but I don't *dislike* Star Trek). So if your answer is "meh", then maybe don't bother replying, but these are some nice, interesting pieces, and like I said I have them MOC, and high res photos to post, so if you're interested then please let me (or Engledogg) know.

Whaddaya say guys? Won't take any work on your end to get it going, just an admin adding of a category, and then I will do the rest.

What say you, Engledogg?

Thanks
-c
diamond cuts diamond

shmax

Mods? Anybody?

KidTDragon

I could add it if no one has any objections.
<br />

engledogg

February 05, 2014, 08:24:17 AM Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:51:22 AM by engledogg
Were there any other Star Trek Mego items?  I only ask since we have to construct the "tree" down (or up) to the branch that you want.  So, at its most basic, the 3.75 inch figures line would look like:

So it would go Star Trek > Mego > 3.75" Action Figures.

And since there are other Mego figures other than Star Trek, we'll eventually be set up for:

Mego > Marvel (or whatever)
Mego > etc.

As applicable items appear in two categories - like how the Star Trek sets belong both to the the Kre-O > Star Trek AND Star Trek > Kre-O categories, we'll also eventually set up a corresponding Mego > Star Trek category.

Getting back to Star Trek...when creating categories, like I said, we have to build the tree down to your desired branch...okay, these were from the Motion Picture...were there any other non-Motion Picture 3.75" figures? 

Also, were there any other (non-3.75")  Motion Picture figures?  I see some 12" figures on eBay. 

All of this info will eventually make that branch above much more complicated (eventually looking something like Star Trek > Mego > Motion Picture > 3.75" Action Figures for your branch, Star Trek > Mego > Motion Picture > 12" Action Figures for the one on eBay, and so on) . 

Of course, all this can be done at a later time as the need arises. :)

Having said all that, a quickie semi-generic temporary category is up.
http://www.shmax.com/products?q%5Bfilters%5D%5Btoyline%5D=4201

List away!   We can always move stuff around if we need to.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

Thanks much, Ed. May the force be prosperous with you, or however it goes.

Go Up