[RESOLVED]Dynamic Signature data missing

Started by Tripredacus, October 24, 2013, 07:22:21 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

October 24, 2013, 07:22:21 AM Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 05:45:38 PM by shmax
3rd Party-> Impossible Toys do not show up by default in the dynamic signature. Be it the flash, standard or custom animated ones.

EDIT: also some of the numbers don't show up as you'd expect. For example, G2 Japan and Headmasters show up but are not top-level categories. Is this on purpose?

engledogg

No clue...maybe it just gives a random display of subcategories?

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

engledogg

October 24, 2013, 09:08:41 AM Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:23:37 AM by engledogg

Impossible Toys is showing up on mine (at least the .gif version).

But some of the numbers seem a bit off.  I'm supposedly 9/10 with the Platinum Series, but:
http://www.shmax.com/products/3340

There are only seven products in that subcategory.

Also, for Choro-Q I'm 7/9, but:
http://www.shmax.com/products/3533?browse=0&s=choro-q

There are ten products and I own 'em all.

A number of other counts are off as well.  20/20 for G.I.Joe vs the Transformers (instead of 3/3), Disney Label, among others.  My count for Commemorative Series is currently showing 26/25.

Is there any way to refresh these to reflect accurate numbers?

MIKE
engledogg

Tripredacus

Well I knew that there was some delay in putting something in your collection before the sig would be updated. That makes sense to me. That's why I pointed out Impossible Toys items. I added them months ago (prior to any iGear) and it seems they just never had shown up in the signature.

shmax

Don't worry, I'll catch up on this and the other bugs as soon as I finish my current hairy project (getting near the end of it). Thanks for the bug.

Tripredacus

I just noticed that my animated signature I use for this forum is now showing 1 iGear item instead of 2.

shmax

I just noticed that my animated signature I use for this forum is now showing 1 iGear item instead of 2.

Hmm, I guess something is a bit screwy. I just regenerated your sigs and the error persists, so I guess I'll have to debug it when I can. Remind me about it after I do my next big update. Thanks, Trip.

shmax

shmax

October 26, 2014, 12:40:23 AM Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 01:13:19 AM by shmax
Finally figured it out: those numbers you see in the sigs are denoting figures collected, not products. The reason Impossible Toys isn't showing up in your signature is that neither of the items in your collection have had any parts submitted. It's definitely a bit confusing (even I had to fire up a debugger to figure out what was going on), but it isn't necessarily a bug.

So, we have two possible solutions: 1) submit the part records 2) I can change things such that we show product counts instead of figures. Any thoughts?

KidTDragon

I thought it was already counting products instead of figures, so I'll vote that way.
<br />

engledogg

October 26, 2014, 07:09:57 AM Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 07:20:08 AM by engledogg
I definitely think we should be counting product records on the sigs. 

Ideally, of course, we should also submit the part records if they are missing, but it's possible to have products that have no figures in them, so those wouldn't show up in the count either.

So, yeah, we should be showing product counts on the sigs.

The fun facts wouldn't necessarily have to change, but could you add a "product completion %" into the mix, as well?

MIKE
engledogg

shmax

October 26, 2014, 11:25:26 AM Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:40:57 AM by shmax
Okay, if you guys are sure. As I recall, we started out with product tallying but we switched to figures because you guys wanted to make it easier to "complete" a toyline (ie. you only needed to collect one of the 157 re-packagings of 2007 movie deluxe Bumblebee)...

shmax

I've made the change. Oh, and I also changed "Figure completion" to just "Completion", and it's now doing products, per Engledogg. I think it makes more sense this way, as the "Figure Rank" that was displayed in the fun facts was actually just the product rank, anyway. Everybody happy?

Oh, and as a bonus, I'm able to generate sigs in half the time this way.

shmax

Oh, and I'm thinking of sort of phasing out the Flash-based sig. I don't think too many people use it, and I'd rather not have to maintain it. Any objections?

KidTDragon

No objections here. I like the gif version better. The customizable backgrounds are pretty sweet.
<br />

Go Up