Transformers Movie #4 - Optimus Prime from NYCC revealed

Started by tusko, October 10, 2013, 07:37:11 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tusko

There are pictures here of the new Optimus design.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/transformers-4-age-of-extinction-generations-leader-class-optimus-prime-official-images-178572/

I like the chrome and paint on this figure.  The truck is a neat update, and they are going for an obvious samurai melee feel to the style of the figure. 

Unfortunately there is a lot of back kibble.  I get a Fast Action Battler feel from it.

What do you think?

engledogg

Not a fan of the back kibble, and it appears to be a bit too simplistic (especially for a Leader class figure), but I understand that's the way things are going to be moving forward, at least with Beast Hunters and likely the TF4 figures.  Also, a bit too small for the price.

I do wonder why they have it labeled as "Generations", though.  I wonder if this is a "preview" figure and the rest of the line might have a different aesthetic? 

I've read rumors that the Movie figs won't get their own proper line and will be a sub-line under Generations to improve sales of Transformers overall since many retailers tend to focus more on the Movie lines.  They still want Movie product, but it will only be orderable with other Generations toys...I guess that makes sense...sorta.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

engledogg

October 10, 2013, 09:54:29 AM Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:09:12 PM by engledogg
Also, we do have a tentative record for this figure, in case anyone was wondering.  I've put it under Generations for now.

http://www.shmax.com/product_details/15010/optimus_prime

The photos were provided by duvanr (Hasbro official photos) and once I get more info on the figure itself, I'll create it and move the photos to that record.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

tusko

Nice entry!
I think its a prototype (hand painted) figure in those pictures.
I'll be nice to have the record to compare to the commercial release.

triKlops

Interesting aesthetic on this one; much more smooth and flowing than expected, especially the alt mode.
It will be intriguing to see how they play out this melding into Generations of the Movie figs.

Go Up