[RESOLVED]Wrong items in collection (again)

Started by Tripredacus, August 26, 2013, 04:13:04 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

August 26, 2013, 04:13:04 PM Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:46:45 PM by shmax
I reported this problem before and Shmax looked back at records and didn't find any error, so I thought the error was mine. But now I found another instance where I have invalid things in my collection. By invalid, meaning things I do not own. Take for example this search:
http://www.shmax.com/products/1?browse=0&s=g1%20hoist

Because I know I have a G1 US Hoist but not sure on the accessories. This record in particular:
http://www.shmax.com/product_details/516/hoist

As I would suspect, it is listed as being in my collection. However if I expand it, only accessory boxes are selected as Instruction Booklet and 2x Twin Blaster. The Instruction booklet I may well have, I'm not sure because I keep paperwork separate. However I definately have Hoist himself (its currently on my media shelf), but that box is not checked. What makes it weirder is that I don't have any of the Twin Blaster.

Maybe another error for me but I figured I would point it out.

PS: also wondering how I can see the date added to collection. We can sort for this in the collection view but can't see that date on the item record.

shmax

Hmm, I'm clueless. I can tell you that your Hoist has been in that state for at least a month (I checked my local data, which I last updated from the live site in late July). Hard to say what happened. Maybe there was a bug at some point in the past that has since been fixed? I'm hard at work on some other shmax code right now, but when I get some time to breathe I'll trace back through older backups and see if I can find where the data diverged.

Tripredacus

Its an easy fix for me...  8)

shmax

shmax

Closing this one, as I haven't heard any further reports of it happening. As for showing date added to collection somewhere, sure, but I'm a little worried that it will cause confusion. To me, it means the date that you clicked "Add to my collection", but to folks that are not me, they might interpret it as the date they collected it, as in bought it. We can mull it over some more once I launch the new profile page.

Go Up