I'd like to help take some photos

Started by tf_fan_77, June 12, 2013, 12:52:49 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tf_fan_77

I used to help out tfw2005 photo staff before I took some time off from the hobby. I would like to submit some photos to use if you guys want. I looked, probably not hard enough, and couldn't find a submission thread. Can you point me in the right direction?

shmax

I used to help out tfw2005 photo staff before I took some time off from the hobby. I would like to submit some photos to use if you guys want. I looked, probably not hard enough, and couldn't find a submission thread. Can you point me in the right direction?

*sniff* That's the most beautiful subject line I've ever read.

There's no submission thread--we're a little fancier than that. Just log in, browse around the database, find records in need of photos, click the "Modify <product name>" link on the details page, scroll down to the "Photo gallery" widget, click "Upload Images", and finally click "Submit Product" at the bottom of the page. The moderators will take it from there.

Make sure you have a look at our photo guidelines, or just have a look at some recently uploaded photos to get the gist (ignore the Hasbro stock photos, bleah).

Looking forward to your pics!

engledogg

June 12, 2013, 01:57:15 PM Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:41:21 PM by engledogg
Looks like shmax beat me to it as I was typing up my reply, but I'll talk you through a submission.

Photos are submitted on either the product or part records themselves.

To submit a package/product photo, head to a record that either needs a photo or a record that would benefit from having the existing photo replaced with a better one.  For example:

http://www.shmax.com/product_details/11367/twintwist

Click the "Modify Twintwist Product" link, which will bring you to the modifcation page for that product.

Scroll down a bit until you see the "Photo Gallery" area...there, you'll find a big "Upload Images" button. 

Just click the button, and choose your photo(s).

If it's a shot of the package front, what you now want to do is click the "Image Missing" graphic found in the "Package Photo (front)" area and then choose the photo that you submitted above in the gallery area.  Repeat for the "Package Photo (back)" if you're also providing a shot of the package back .  Once you're done assigning front and back shots, click "Submit Product".

For figures/parts, it follows much of the same process.  Navigate to the part record for Twintwist:

http://www.shmax.com/part_details/30703/twintwist

and click the "Modify Twintwist" link.

On the modification page, scroll down to the "Photo Gallery" area, click the big "Upload Images" button, and choose your photo.  If the photo you're providing is a primary photo (the photo that will be seen first on the part record an in searches/browsing - one that tends to show the figure in a dynamic/interesting pose), scroll down to the "Primary Photo" area and click the "Image Missing" graphic found in that area and then choose the photo that you submitted above in the gallery area to replace it.

Now, here's where it gets a bit more involved (but not too much) from the product photo submission process.  Scroll down until you hit "Form Info"...in this case you'll find a number of modes - robot, cybertronian tank, arms, and legs.  The form photos generally serve as basic photos of the barebones modes of each - so, for this area, we would basically require a shot of a robot without all his gear (more or less, just the bot himself), an alt mode shot portraying the alt mode with none of the bells and whistles attached, a shot of the toy in left arm mode, one in right arm mode, and so on.

To supply each, you would click the "Image Missing" graphic found by each of the forms, choose the appropriate form photo from the photos supplied above in the "Photo Gallery" area and then click "Submit Part".

Once the photos are submitted, a moderator will look them over to make sure they meet the requirements of the site.  An explanation of these requirements can be found here:

http://www.shmax.com/photo_guidelines

If the photos meet the requirements, the moderators will approve the photos and you should receive an e-mail message stating that they have been accepted.  If the photos do not meet the requirements, you will receive an e-mail outlining what went wrong, what can be improved, etc.

As far as a submission thread goes, like shmax said, we don't really have one.  However, if you'd like to display a few test photos in the forums, this thread seems to serve as both a "show off your favorite TF" thread and photo testing ground.

MIKE
engledogg

Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Go Up