Pics of US MP Soundwave!

Started by Antron007, March 04, 2013, 02:57:38 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Antron007

This guy is awesome. I really like the cassettes. I'd read some people didn't like them but I think they are great. Ravage could have bigger boosters/missiles but other than that I'm loving them.

tusko

I hope I can find one.
Its not released yet in Canada but its going to hit the shelves very soon here.  Looks magnificent.

engledogg

August 01, 2013, 06:17:49 AM Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 07:35:24 AM by engledogg
I managed to get one on the website around the time of SDCC. 

Have you read the horror stories of the smashed containers and practically destroyed shipping boxes?  If not, go check out TRU's Facebook page.  Lots of nice pics, haha. 

My Soundwave's box appears okay, but I can't say the same for Acid Storm.  :(

MIKE
engledogg

Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Antron007

My box only had a small dent in it. I got it at a physical location but I've seen and have had to purchase some pretty banged up packages from the local TRUs before. I found the least banged up Prime FE Ent Packs I could at that time. All of those were pretty mangled. I also saw a MP Thundercracker that didn't have the bottom cardboard box. Just the plastic container.

Upon further inspection I find my Ravage is a little loose and Buzzsaw was really tight so I had to be very specific where I applied my pressure when transforming him. After a few more transformations he was good to go. Still solid, not too tight, not loose. It doesn't seem to be getting looser either. Maybe it was just that factory fresh tightness.

This toy is great. Tons of fun. I've been digging the paper craft stuff a lot. I really dig the screen inserts. If anyone is interested there is a thread with a bunch of them. I may make a few more today as well.

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub/mp-soundwave-chest-insert-feet-fix-t92480.php

triKlops

Hopefully I can get my hands on SWave sometime soon; wishful thinking seems to be the reality though.
The paper craft stuff is a nice little touch on this though.

Antron007

Rumor is they are releasing more of them in late August.

triKlops

Hopefully I can get my hands on SWave sometime soon; wishful thinking seems to be the reality though.
The paper craft stuff is a nice little touch on this though.

Grabbed mine the other week during tax free weekend.
Has a coupon as well, brought the price down to 102.
The box had some dings but otherwise no major damage or at least not enough to discourage me from picking it up.

Tripredacus

Rumor is they are releasing more of them in late August.

I guess it is rumor. A dude that works at a TRU warehouse said there was one more shipment. Also from talking to some TRU employees, this shipment is expected VERY soon. I was told to check on Wednesdays and Fridays. So I expect either this week or next week.

Antron007

Yeah. I wasn't sure if it were true or not that's why I made sure to hunt mine down ASAP. It was just what I picked up from the internet. None of the TRU managers or employees knew anything about it but, then again, they didn't even know they were getting MP SW and AS until people started asking about them. Then all they knew was that they were getting a truck on X days but had no idea what would come on these trucks.

I'm guessing corporate does all of the ordering or something.

Go Up