[RESOLVED]Unable to suggest sub category

Started by Windrazor7, March 08, 2013, 06:32:16 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Windrazor7

March 08, 2013, 06:32:16 PM Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 10:03:36 PM by shmax
The example ill give is the one that helped me discover this. Under japan>beast wars>beast wars returns  all the figures are in the same category including perfect choice cheetas which was a lucky draw exclusive. When i clicked on modify product record and hit suggest sub category ive tried submitting just the term "exclusive" and also tried submitting the enter path leading up to exclusive. Both times to no avail. When i submit changes to record it brings me back to the product record page but theres no heading stating that my changes have been submitted and will be reviewed. Can anyone else confirm?
Mr. GottaHaveit
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=2029" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=2029</a>

shmax

The example ill give is the one that helped me discover this. Under japan>beast wars>beast wars returns  all the figures are in the same category including perfect choice cheetas which was a lucky draw exclusive. When i clicked on modify product record and hit suggest sub category ive tried submitting just the term "exclusive" and also tried submitting the enter path leading up to exclusive. Both times to no avail. When i submit changes to record it brings me back to the product record page but theres no heading stating that my changes have been submitted and will be reviewed. Can anyone else confirm?

Heh, well that might explain why we've never seen anyone suggest a category. I'll investigate tonight, thanks.

engledogg

March 08, 2013, 06:44:30 PM Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:49:38 PM by engledogg
I've seen people suggest a subcategory...I've created some because of those suggestions, if I'm not mistaken.

This category suggestion business may potentially lead to another bug.

Let's say someone suggests an inappropriate subcategory, for example Japan > Car Robots > Autobots when the item is already correctly located in Japan > Car Robots > Cybertrons. 

When I go to reject that category suggestion, if I don't click the "remove" (I think it's called remove) checkbox beside the suggestion, I always get a "You must choose a terminal category error.", even though I'm rejecting what was suggested, and can not proceed until I enter a real terminal category number/choose a real terminal category.

If I do click the "remove" checkbox first, the rejection goes through just fine.  Maybe it is not a bug...but it does seem like an unnecessary step if the new category suggestion is getting rejected.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

engledogg

March 08, 2013, 06:47:09 PM Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:57:35 PM by engledogg
I don't think it has anything to do with the potential bug, but the entire Beast Wars Returns line is an exclusive (with all the figures, sans Perfect Choice Cheetas, being only available at TRU), so creating an additional "exclusive" subcategory might be redundant.

I can say though, with near certainty, that there was no subcategory suggestion attached to your name change to Perfect Choice Cheetas, so there may indeed be a bug.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

Thanks for the further info, Ed. All fixed, I think. Okay, NOW I'm out of bugs, and can get back to the new profile page. Going once, going twice...

Windrazor7

I dont believe this bug is resolved. Tried suggesting another sub category tonight and Ed informed me that no suggestion came through  :-\
Mr. GottaHaveit
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=2029" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=2029</a>

shmax

I dont believe this bug is resolved. Tried suggesting another sub category tonight and Ed informed me that no suggestion came through  :-\

Should be all better now, thanks.

Go Up