Google Translate

Started by Antron007, February 11, 2013, 03:42:06 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Antron007

I put Google Translate on my phone the other day and it's kind of neat.
It can use the camera to take snapshots of say, your Japanese boxes and Takara/Tomy's web site, and you highlight text in them and it translates it for you. (Alot of T&T web site is images so the browsers Translate function doesn't apply to them.) While not flawless it's pretty fun. It also seems to work better the more you use it. That or I am just using it better as I go along.

It's been really good a pulling names like Convoy, and Meister and Thrust. It often pulls the word "Bok" alot. It's usually in association with robot mode or humanoid shape. One word I got alot was "emissions" for some reason?

Anyway, it's been fun. If you have an Android phone I recommend you try it out.

shmax

I put Google Translate on my phone the other day and it's kind of neat.
It can use the camera to take snapshots of say, your Japanese boxes and Takara/Tomy's web site, and you highlight text in them and it translates it for you. (Alot of T&T web site is images so the browsers Translate function doesn't apply to them.) While not flawless it's pretty fun. It also seems to work better the more you use it. That or I am just using it better as I go along.

It's been really good a pulling names like Convoy, and Meister and Thrust. It often pulls the word "Bok" alot. It's usually in association with robot mode or humanoid shape. One word I got alot was "emissions" for some reason?

Anyway, it's been fun. If you have an Android phone I recommend you try it out.

Pretty keen! Apparently it's still in an early state, but with luck they'll provide a free API down the line and we can see about integrating it into shmax.com.

Go Up