Sig wars!

Started by shmax, January 09, 2013, 09:08:03 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

Might I suggest that you eliminate the upload a background picture? Sure it's nice but could become a headache but most importantly, in a word, BRANDING.

I found out about shmax.com from the sig in someones seibertron.com post.  And because of that, you've been stuck with me ever since. ;-)

Oh, well the shmax logo would still be stamped over on the left. I figure if people could sort of work their own image into the mix somehow they might be more likely to use the signature.

Eliminating or minimizing the use of gradients (including drop shadow, emboss width, etc) in the image should bring that size down as well.

shmax

Might I suggest that you eliminate the upload a background picture? Sure it's nice but could become a headache but most importantly, in a word, BRANDING.

I found out about shmax.com from the sig in someones seibertron.com post.  And because of that, you've been stuck with me ever since. ;-)

Oh, well the shmax logo would still be stamped over on the left. I figure if people could sort of work their own image into the mix somehow they might be more likely to use the signature.

Eliminating or minimizing the use of gradients (including drop shadow, emboss width, etc) in the image should bring that size down as well.

Yep. One of the stock backgrounds will be Boring Grey.

shmax

January 14, 2013, 11:00:40 PM Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:44:54 AM by shmax
Here's sort of a proof of concept, with all of the elements (logo, text, bg image, rounded corners) being layered together procedurally:

engledogg

Neat.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Antron007

I was looking at my flash sig and in fun facts   the know mold completion shows twice.

engledogg

I was looking at my flash sig and in fun facts   the know mold completion shows twice.

Same here.

MIKE
engledogg

shmax

Good eye! Thanks for the catch--I removed the duplicate line. Please be sure to post stuff like this in the bugs forum.

engledogg

Still seeing the "engledogg owns % of all known Transformers figures." line twice.

MIKE
engledogg

shmax

Fixed, thanks Ed.

I got data-driven text colors working:

shmax

Still working away on it. I have the first pieces of a front end starting to come together, but I realized that my widget code is a complete nightmare, and am indulging myself in one of my bi-yearly refactoring throw-downs. Standby...

shmax

Just a quick progress update: my big code refactor is done, and I've got everything working except for the image upload functionality, which is next. More soon...

Antron007

Thanks for the update :)

shmax

Done! I'll still need a few days to mop up bugs and test stuff, but the new sig-maker thingy is done. Here's one I made just now using the tool:

shmax

Done! I'll still need a few days to mop up bugs and test stuff, but the new sig-maker thingy is done. Here's one I made just now using the tool:

Well, not as done this morning--I've decided to implement a cropping/positioning control so you don't have to involve photoshop when uploading an image if you don't want to. Few more days...

shmax

Well, not as done this morning--I've decided to implement a cropping/positioning control so you don't have to involve photoshop when uploading an image if you don't want to. Few more days...

The cropping widget UI is done! It's... *sniff* ... beautiful. Still a bit to do before I can check in, but I think the worst is over.

Go Up