Add multiple suggestion sub-catagories

Started by Tripredacus, November 14, 2012, 09:23:17 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

Ran into a problem adding a record. I sent a PM to engledogg about it already, so I'll add a feature request.

When adding a product where no applicable sub-category already exists, we can choose to suggest one. But if there should be an additional sub-category after that, there is no way to suggest that.

As an example, I added a board game that was released in Brazil. Currently, G1 is the only sub-category for Brazil. So I added a suggestion sub-category of "Transformers (2007 Movie)". Now that isn't where the item should end up. Ideally, I wanted to suggestion a sub-category of that to be "Merchandise" but there is not a prompt to create an additional sub-category to place the item.

shmax

Ran into a problem adding a record. I sent a PM to engledogg about it already, so I'll add a feature request.

When adding a product where no applicable sub-category already exists, we can choose to suggest one. But if there should be an additional sub-category after that, there is no way to suggest that.

As an example, I added a board game that was released in Brazil. Currently, G1 is the only sub-category for Brazil. So I added a suggestion sub-category of "Transformers (2007 Movie)". Now that isn't where the item should end up. Ideally, I wanted to suggestion a sub-category of that to be "Merchandise" but there is not a prompt to create an additional sub-category to place the item.

The category suggestion field is just a text input--you can type anything you want. In your case, you could type "Transformers (2007 Movie) > Merchandise". The moderator will then interpret your suggestion, and make category magic happen.

Tripredacus

The category suggestion field is just a text input--you can type anything you want. In your case, you could type "Transformers (2007 Movie) > Merchandise". The moderator will then interpret your suggestion, and make category magic happen.

Ok that makes sense. Is there already a pop-up help in that section to note that?

shmax

Ok that makes sense. Is there already a pop-up help in that section to note that?

I don't think so, but I'll see what I can cook up. Thanks for the suggestion...

shmax

I've added a little descriptive help that explains how to use the "suggest a category" field in more detail. Better?

Tripredacus

Go Up