Reissue Fort Max, who's excited?

Started by tusko, October 03, 2012, 04:14:19 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tusko

Kinda cool they are offering a re-issue of Fortress Maximus, but I really feel for all those collectors out there which may have a devalued original now.

What do you think?  I'm excited to finally get close to one.

shmax

Heck, I'm excited for a chance to replace the old, beat-up original I have with a shiny brand-new one. Out with the old, in with the new, I say.

Wajo357

Encore's have typically made changes to all of their releases. I doubt the original, over time, will be devalued so much as this will be seen as more of a repaint than a rerelease..
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=853" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=853</a>

tusko

I've enjoyed that about Encore as well... it may not be an exact re-issue, but the "newness" of it is an attractive feature compared to the war torn "vintage" (junker) figures I own.

I'm waiting for a review, but parts and such will be in abundance I suppose which was always the issue with Fort Max.

Tripredacus

THe price is ridiculous! No way jose! I mean, Brave Max for both Car Robots and Car-Bot was only $125-150 or so. I know people will be paying that price but I really don't have a need for it. Someday perhaps, but not a high priority in the least bit.

2ndSoundWave

THe price is ridiculous! No way jose! I mean, Brave Max for both Car Robots and Car-Bot was only $125-150 or so. I know people will be paying that price but I really don't have a need for it. Someday perhaps, but not a high priority in the least bit.
agreed

tusko

I see it as a the price of two supreme class toys, with a mess of shipping charges for the big-ass box.
Is it expensive, yes.... but not $1000+ for vintage.

I'm waiting for a bit to see the reviews.

HighPrime

October 09, 2012, 07:08:18 PM Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 07:10:06 PM by HighPrime

That was $100-$150 10+ years ago.  Times have changed and dollar has lost a lot of ground against the yen.  Around 107 yen in 2000 versus around 79 now = $1.00.   $350 is expensive, but seems about right considering above and other points made in this thread.

Did not hesitate to pre-order mine.
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=1206" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=1206</a>

SoS

That was $100-$150 10+ years ago.  Times have changed and dollar has lost a lot of ground against the yen.  Around 107 yen in 2000 versus around 79 now = $1.00.   $350 is expensive, but seems about right considering above and other points made in this thread.

^ This

--SoS

Tripredacus

Ha OK! The real problem is that my salary hasn't gained any ground against the yen in the past 10 years.  :-[

Turbo07

Ha OK! The real problem is that my salary hasn't gained any ground against the yen in the past 10 years.  :-[

Mine hasn't either.  Sucks, doesn't it?

Hellspawn

Not me. I have the cheapest of the "old" Maxes, a Korean Brave Max boxed. This one is more expensive new than what I've paid for mine 7 years ago. I think the price for Brave Max will plummet big-time.

Antron007

I've not heard about this yet. Is it going to be a US/TRUex/Encore or a Jap Encore?

Tripredacus

I've not heard about this yet. Is it going to be a US/TRUex/Encore or a Jap Encore?

It won't be for sale in the US, if that what you are asking.

Antron007

It won't be for sale in the US, if that what you are asking.

Yep that answers my question. Wasn't there just a re-issue of Grand Max not too long ago? I may need to research this after I post this but, isn't grand a pepaint/retool of Fort? (I think Grand has a pretender with it? Is that correct?)

So my next question is, if they are basically the same, will Fort just be a repaint on the Grand that was recently put out?

Go Up