Reissue Fort Max, who's excited?

Started by tusko, October 03, 2012, 04:14:19 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Tripredacus

It won't be for sale in the US, if that what you are asking.

Yep that answers my question. Wasn't there just a re-issue of Grand Max not too long ago? I may need to research this after I post this but, isn't grand a pepaint/retool of Fort? (I think Grand has a pretender with it? Is that correct?)

So my next question is, if they are basically the same, will Fort just be a repaint on the Grand that was recently put out?

The last one that came out was in 2001, for Japanese Car Robots and Korean Car-Bot, Brave Maximus. Alternate release in Japan with Master Sword (I THINK) but maybe just with the Super God Convoy set... No Grand Maximus since Headmasters unfortunately. I expect that this new Fort Max will be a repaint of the Brave Maximus mold, although I do not know if there are any mold differences between that release and the original.

Antron007

Judging by the pics in the unofficial guide to japanese and international transformers,

Grand max came with a sword and a pretender shell for cerebros. I don't about Brave, but Fort did not have the shell. Not sure about the sword for Jap but I do not recall having a sword with my US Fort as a kid. (man I wish I kept all of my tf's from when I was a kid. I had a bunch of takara stuff I neglected and mistreated cause I thought they were generic or knock offs. I just didn't know any better as a kid. :,0 )

Tripredacus

Brave Max did not come with the shell in either Japan or South Korea. The Sword only was released with Grand Max in Headmasters and Car Robots.

With God Fire Convoy:
http://www.shmax.com/part_details/24990/matrix_blade_blade

And on its own:
http://www.shmax.com/part_details/24986/matrix_blade_blade

Antron007

Thanks for clearing up the details  (for me at least) .  Maybe the new Fort will get some of those goodies. I wouldn't hold my breath but one could always hope.

If I had unlimited resources I'd want one but it's just a little out of my reach.

Now if it were a little bigger I'd buy one and move into it but I'd still get stuck paying lot rent somewhere. :-)

triKlops

got mine on preorder from Capturedprey.com; lowest price i could find; and the shipping was only about 18 bucks.
it took a bit of hustling to get the funds together but i am happy he will be on the way at some point.

triKlops

Did anyone get a early release of him and if so, any QC issues pop up??

triKlops

Just got my Max in; going to give him a once over later on for QC issues.
Apparently the eyes are the first thing to check for then do a part count.

shmax

Just got my Max in; going to give him a once over later on for QC issues.
Apparently the eyes are the first thing to check for then do a part count.

Photos, or it didn't happen

Go Up