Canadian G1 Jetfire

Started by tusko, April 18, 2012, 07:56:13 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tusko

Did G1 Jetfire come with missiles?

I have a Canadian plain wing G1 Jetfire.  I have missiles for it.

Its neat because the missiles go in both ways for two different looks.
What's the word on this, o' all knowing TF gurus?

engledogg

As far as I know, Jetfire did not come with missiles.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Tripredacus

Ooooo I wonder what kind of stamping that has. Can you actually confirm it is Canadian?

tusko

I got it for Christmas.

Tripredacus

I likely have a US Jetfire in my Bolide box, that's why I asked about stampings.

tusko

So I picked up another Canadian Jetfire this weekend.
It came with a gun and a missile. Same as before.

Why are Canadian Jetfire's not recognized as having missiles?

engledogg

August 20, 2013, 07:04:43 AM Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:06:46 AM by engledogg
From what I gather, since I did some research on this and sorta forgot about it, it's been confirmed that the Matsushiro Jetfires may come with missiles...and I say may since not all of them did.  The Matsushiro launcher may also launch the missiles - again may since some do and some don't.

Keep in mind that's for the U.S. market Jetfire...I'm not sure about Canada. 

I see yours is a plain-wing, so perhaps all of them came with missiles?  Or only some of them? 

Any other helpful Canadians care to chime in here?  :)

Come to think of it - when you say that you got it for Christmas, do you mean recently or back in the day?  If recently, was it sealed before you got it?

MIKE
engledogg

Tripredacus

is the Matsushiro Jetfire also the one that has the different armor peices?

For anyone who doesn't know, of all the different Jetfire versions, some have incompatible armor peices.

engledogg

August 20, 2013, 08:35:25 AM Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 08:47:01 AM by engledogg
Yep, the Matsushiro Jetfire has armor pieces that don't connect well (if at all) with the plain-wing Jetfire.  Also to complicate the issue, just with the Matsushiro Jetfire, the sticker vs. painted wing symbol versions also seem to have slightly different armor pieces.

So, if anyone has cobbled together a Jetfire over the years, only to find that the armor pieces don't quite fit right, that's why. 

As a kid, I could never figure out what caused it as I was never the "first owner" of a Jetfire (only getting mine secondhand, missing a number of armor parts to boot).  One day I found a set of incomplete armor at a yard sale (no Jetfire, though - can't complain though, the armor was only 50 cents). 

I tried to complete mine with it and stuff just didn't fit.  I thought mine was a factory defect or something and sort of just shrugged it off.

Flash-forward to the '90s and the glory of Fred's Workshop...I then knew why the armor didn't fit.  :)

I believe we have these armor differences reflected in the database...I'll have to double-check, though. 

Yep, we do.

MIKE
engledogg

tusko

So I got my original now-yellowed one in 1985 for Christmas.

This is the new one I just picked up.  I still need to clean it.

I don't know which marks to looks for.  I just found these quickly:

To me I see, Made in Japan, Bandai and 1985.

Thoughts?

Tripredacus

August 23, 2013, 07:02:20 AM Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 07:43:58 AM by Tripredacus
Yep those are the "markings" on a Jetfire. I should look back into my ebay history to see if I can find how I bought my Bolide.

OK I did a rundown. Currently I have 3 Jetfires. Not counting the Macross one (I got in 2011) I have it like this.

1. My original one I bought 2 junkers from a local comic shop and peicemealed my first plain wing Jetfire in 2000.
2. On 6/30/2006 I bought a G1 Jetfire in box (complete minus gun clip) on Ebay from a US seller for $53.99
3. On 7/7/2006 I bought a Jetfire box only on Ebay for $35.00.
4. On 7/14/2006 I bought a Jetfire tray foam (jet mode) on Ebay from Trendclick for $24.95

However this isn't to say I may have put priority on having a "complete" Canadian Jetfire over a US one. I don't have record if the MIB one was the Canadian one or the US one. Just because I have this old picture doesn't mean that the "box only" auction was the US version either!

Let me dig around online to see if I posted about getting them in what order.  :-\

Tformers post history. July 15 I got in Canadian Jetfire box:
http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=15740&p=924919

Then July 22 I say I have Canadian Jetfire MIP:
http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=15740&p=933479

I need to find the pictures that are dead links. Hopefully I still have them.

Must be getting old. Not remembering things from 2006!

Go Up