Question On Hasbro MP Seekers.

Started by Antron007, August 01, 2013, 06:12:38 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Antron007

I keep reading about a seeker remold. Can someone fill me in on this? I'm on the fence with Acid Storm. I have Thundercracker and I can still take him back and get AS. I'm into collecting molds so if it's significantly different I may trade up.

I got TC because I heard he was smaller than the Starscream/Skywarp mold. I haven't opened him yet, can anyone elaborate on this for me? Maybe a little MP Seeker mold history lesson or something?

Thanks. ;)

Tripredacus

The Hasbro Thundercracker has the remold and sold does Acid Storm. The other Hasbro versions have the original inferior mold. Here is a good comparison. Note the side parts on the legs of Skywarp and Starscream:
http://tilallaremine.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/masterpiece-seekers-robots.jpg
Also look at the forearms and the feet.

Antron007

Thanks Trip. My Skywarp has been in jet mode for a while. There have been a few figures where some people have complained about kibble and I didn't think it was all that bad. I never really liked the robot mode because of the kibble. Very few molds bug me but that one really did. But, I had to have an MP Seeker and that was the one I was able to snag locally. I've ordered a few figures online but in general I like trying to find it local first.

Thanks again. I'm going to open TC now that I know I'm not taking him back. The only problem now is that I see myself wanting MP-11 once I have 2 of the 3 OG Seekers on display. :)

tusko

Thundercracker is a great mold.
I would get Acid Storm too, as its just green.  I hope to get it on sale but its only different in colour and deco.

Tripredacus

I know what you mean Antron. I don't even want my Skywarp anymore and wish they redid him with the new mold. That's why I'm confused as to why they even made Acid Storm. I'll wait on Acid Storm since it looks like they don't really garner that much demand. And I am not even sure it even fits in with my collection model.

Antron007

Well, I opened TC and upon inspection he had a wing flap missing so, I took him back and had to get Acid Storm. I really like this seeker mold. I have no affinity for AS but I really like this toy as well. It's been a good year for Transormers, for me at least. A lot of awesome toys this summer alone.

Plus, now I'm not compelled to spend more money to get a Starscream. Now I just have the 2 molds and since they're not really connected.

Thanks again for all of the info guys.

Go Up