Adding Categories

Started by Fiend6669, March 19, 2012, 03:49:23 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Fiend6669

March 22, 2012, 06:44:40 PM Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 10:30:30 PM by Fiend6669

Generations (and everything underneath it) is already present.  You'll find it here:

http://www.shmax.com/database/2307

MIKE
engledogg

Cool, thanx. Just realized this one's only in English, so I'm skipping a new entry, and just went with the U.S. version.

'Til all are... Mine!

engledogg

March 22, 2012, 06:54:07 PM Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:56:07 PM by engledogg

DOTM Cyberverse; Multipacks

Just curious, what would this be?  Do you mean this?

http://www.shmax.com/product_details/9323/ultimate_gift_set

MIKE
engledogg

None of the boxes I've got say "Ultimate Gift Set" anywhere on them, so I don't think it's them, especially since there are no details listed as to what the set contains.
I was referring to these

Sorry, gave you the wrong link...

http://www.shmax.com/product_details/9979/ultimate_gift_set

Actually, the Canadian version would have the same contents - which I just copied over on to the earlier link above.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Fiend6669

Also, that ROTF Rally Mudflap and Offroad Skids set...you sure that was released in Canada?  As far as I know, that only showed up in Australia, Hong Kong, etc.

DOTM Store Exclusive Multipacks of Deluxe& Voyager Class figs.

Same here.  Like the Walmart Optimus Prime/Comettor set?  Stuff like that?

MIKE
engledogg

MIKE
engledogg

None of the boxes I've got say "Ultimate Gift Set" anywhere on them, so I don't think it's them, especially since there are no details listed as to what the set contains.
I was referring to these

Sorry, gave you the wrong link...

http://www.shmax.com/product_details/9979/ultimate_gift_set

Actually, the Canadian version would have the same contents - which I just copied over on to the earlier link above.

MIKE
engledogg

If you were to make a "Multipacks" section in DOTM's Cyberverse & Mechtech categories, like the Generations one, that'd cover them all.
'Til all are... Mine!

Fiend6669

Okay...got most of the list done.  I'll get to the rest later today.

MIKE
engledogg

Thank you. Sorry for the long list.
'Til all are... Mine!

Fiend6669

May I make a suggestion to simplify additions; Create a listing for the actual toys, then jave the availability to select which version of packaging it came in? Ie.; If it's the exact same toy, no change at all, have a tick list for each version of packaging it came in. Kinda like the way you can select what currency you paid for the item.
'Til all are... Mine!

shmax

May I make a suggestion to simplify additions; Create a listing for the actual toys, then jave the availability to select which version of packaging it came in? Ie.; If it's the exact same toy, no change at all, have a tick list for each version of packaging it came in. Kinda like the way you can select what currency you paid for the item.

Are you talking about the collection system? If so, then that's exactly what I had in mind when I started on the variant system. I haven't gotten around to finishing it yet, but I will in the near future. Thanks for the reminder.

Fiend6669

Yes, exactly! The same way that I've got 3 different face variants for my G1 Brawn, three different Onslaught variants, or my diecast Predaking vs. plastic Predaking, it'd be helpful to have tickboxes there. But for toys like Super Fire Convoy, who came in two styles of boxes: robot mode or vehicle mode, there shouldn't be two listings, just make a tick box for which version of box it came in. Or for stuff like the Beast Wars Neo line; I got half of them in Korean Boxes, but they're the exact same toys. Merge the listings and just put a place to choose which packaging the toy came in. It'll weed out a lot of unnecessary repetitiveness. It's kinda the reason I haven't been adding much lately, as most of my collection was bought in Canada, but it's the same products in multilingual packaging. I don't have the time or energy to add listings for the whole line. Especially since it's all already listed in the U.S. category. If you could add the selection of alternate packaging for the exact same toy, it'd be really helpful.
'Til all are... Mine!

shmax

Yes, exactly! The same way that I've got 3 different face variants for my G1 Brawn, three different Onslaught variants, or my diecast Predaking vs. plastic Predaking, it'd be helpful to have tickboxes there. But for toys like Super Fire Convoy, who came in two styles of boxes: robot mode or vehicle mode, there shouldn't be two listings, just make a tick box for which version of box it came in. Or for stuff like the Beast Wars Neo line; I got half of them in Korean Boxes, but they're the exact same toys. Merge the listings and just put a place to choose which packaging the toy came in. It'll weed out a lot of unnecessary repetitiveness. It's kinda the reason I haven't been adding much lately, as most of my collection was bought in Canada, but it's the same products in multilingual packaging. I don't have the time or energy to add listings for the whole line. Especially since it's all already listed in the U.S. category. If you could add the selection of alternate packaging for the exact same toy, it'd be really helpful.

The functionality I had in mind will only really cover true variants (for the moment, we consider one toy to be a variant of another only if they both have the same country of release, same toyline category, same UPC, and so on, but differ due to some subtle manufacturing quirk or running change). We don't really consider a Canadian product to be a "variant" of the U.S. version, and even if we did, we would still need both records in the system before we could do any mumbo-jumbo in the UI (there was some talk at one point of finding a way to link toys cross-country, and that may still happen, but the guy that was going to lead that charge has moved on).

We're eager to flesh out the Canadian side of things, so if you're overwhelmed by the task we may be able to help with some of the grunt work. Just reach out to the moderators  (Engledogg, SoS, and Hellscream) in the forums, and let them know which toylines to rough in, and they'll help as best they can.

I really do advise against substituting the U.S. version of toys for the Canadian ones when you're working on your collection, as it will throw off the appraisal system (once I finally get around to finishing it).

Go Up