Missing variations from US beast wars line

Started by Windrazor7, December 08, 2011, 01:39:21 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Windrazor7

December 08, 2011, 01:39:21 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
So im fairly new to this site but i have stumbled across a few things i thought i might bring up. Im not sure if this is already known to most people but for the transmetal rampage and depth charge thin/thick box variants there is a much easier way to tell which one you have. The original thin box versions have a red "sunburst" type shape stating the number of mode conversions the figure has on the lower left hand side of the window. Where as the newer thick box versions used an arrow for the shape that encompasses the words. With that being said the optimal optimus figure from the US beast wars transmetal line was also produced with these two variants. Im not sure if the thickness is any different between the two versions but i do know that the first release of optimal optimus had the sunburst on the box and the second release used the arrow. I believe this site has only recognized the arrow version, or "thick box variant" if you will. Also there is a version of the US beast wars transmetal 2 dinobot missing from the site. Three of them have been recognized but there is a fourth version that is missing as well. If you take a look at how the dinobot figure with roman numeral II"s on the package is positioned you will see it is as if he is rearing up or at least has his head tilted upward. As opposed to the other two versions you have listed where he is much more hunched over. There is a fourth version where he is the same creme color and in the same reared up position as the roman numeral version but the packaging for it used a number 2 much like the later versions did. I hope this helps and can be easily fixed to make your site more accurate and complete.
Mr. GottaHaveit
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=2029" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=2029</a>

Windrazor7

December 08, 2011, 02:06:43 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
In addition to my earlier post i also wondered if anyone was aware of the green ramulus variant and the blue optimus minor variant from the US beast wars transmetal 2 line. I believe they were both exclusives that were given away in very limited numbers. I dont know much about them but if they interest you and you believe they deserve a place in the database a quick google search on both of them should provide more information than i can.
Mr. GottaHaveit
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=2029" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=2029</a>

engledogg

December 08, 2011, 08:30:35 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Regarding the green Ramulus and blue Optimus Minor - the story is that Ramulus was found in the employee Hasbro store, I believe.  Blue Optimus Minor turned up in an auction on eBay...both were probably set to be released as new characters or running changes (like the black TM2 Prowl), but never made it to the mass produced/packaged stage.  Not enough to be tracked in any quantity, anyway, so that's why we don't really mention them on the site.

In the future, we may cover unreleased toys, making sure they wouldn't be counted against a user's rank/collection in that they weren't officially released, but still allowing the user to add them to their collection.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Tripredacus

December 08, 2011, 08:46:46 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
The green Ramulus is an unreleased Botcon prototype too.

engledogg

December 08, 2011, 09:12:12 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Yep...I really wish we would have gotten at least some of those figures from that catalog mock-up in some form.  Alpha Trion, Ramulus, Devcon, Fractyl, Rotorbolt....sigh.  :(

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Tripredacus

December 09, 2011, 09:31:28 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
It would be nice if they came out in Generations/CHUG if at all possible.

Go Up