Sentinel Prime Kre-O

Started by Spiff-O-Matic, September 15, 2011, 08:31:01 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Spiff-O-Matic

September 15, 2011, 08:31:01 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
So, we're not quite done yet guys. There are some Kreon accessory sprues in the set, but they're not referenced in either the instruction booklet or the replacement parts list. See attached images. How should we put these up?

engledogg

September 15, 2011, 09:26:31 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Argh.

I'm assuming those belong to Fire Chief, right?

Here's how I would handle it.

If you're not willing to break them off the sprue:

I would submit that first pic to one of the newly-created parts (that will be in the Fire Chief group)  that are found on that sprue (hex tool, screw driver/crowbar/lever/spatula?, wrench, axe), and shmax can link that pic to each of those parts (as a gallery pic).  We'd have one pic in the system covering all four instead of linking the same pic four times.

Same goes for the second pic.  Once the records (pliers, drill, hammer, shovel) are created, we'd do the same thing.

If you are willing to break them off the sprue (and I don't blame if you don't):

Link a photo of each tool to the appropriate newly-created part record just like you'd normally do for any other part.

A ton of early G1 accessories (missiles, guns, etc.) were, at one point, attached to a sprue, but we consider them separate parts.  The way I see it, If one were to actually use them in the capacity that they were constructed for, interaction with the toy, that would require separating them from the sprue, so we separate them into their own accessory record.  

How many missiles does G1 Mirage come with?  

Three.  

Really, I guess I lost one!  Oh well, I can still show that I own two of them on shmax.

Cool.

sounds a lot better than

How many missiles are supposed to be on the sprue that came with G1 Mirage?

Three.

Really, I guess I lost one!  Now how am I going to show that I still own the sprue but lost one of the missiles.  No wait, here it is, must've fell off...so, do I have two-thirds of one part, and a loose missile, or one full part but it's broken, or....what?

No clue.

All kidding aside, considering G1 and really any older stuff, the odds of finding loose missiles are much better than finding them still on the sprue.  Come to think of it, outside of reissues, I'm not sure they (HasTak) even use sprues anymore, having the missiles already separated in the package.

Of course we'll take photos of unseparated missile sprues, but they'd be gallery pics.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

September 15, 2011, 10:37:55 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Well played, sir. I'm in agreement that we should not create sprue part records, but that we should find some home for sprue photos. The idea of linking that sprue photo to the gallery of each of the parts contained on that sprue is a good 'un, but unfortunately for now we'll just have to upload a copy to each part, as we don't yet have the ability to share photos (it's on the great cosmic list of things that we will get to someday).

Tripredacus

September 15, 2011, 11:50:17 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Quote from: "engledogg"
spatula?
I think that's a shovel!  :lol:

engledogg

September 15, 2011, 01:55:29 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I think that's a shovel!  
I don't think so...the shovel is in the second pic.

I think it's meant to be some lever tool or a pry bar.

Although, it would be awesome if it were a spatula.

http://youtu.be/2XbCWmY0eqY

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

SoS

September 15, 2011, 05:42:06 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I'll be taking care of it. I knew I wasn't completely done. I haven't been home to be able to look at the contents that I need to add. There's only so much parts listed on the digital instruction booklet for Sentinel Prime. :)

Quote from: "engledogg"
Quote from: "Tripredacus"
I think that's a shovel!  
I don't think so...the shovel is in the second pic.
I think it's meant to be some lever tool or a pry bar.
Although, it would be awesome if it were a spatula.
http://youtu.be/2XbCWmY0eqY

MIKE
engledogg
It's actually supposed to be a screwdriver. This is just like LEGO's utensil tool wheel, Hasbro just swapped out the oil can for the axe and added two extra tools.

--SoS

Go Up