SoS! SoS! SoS!

Started by Spiff-O-Matic, September 14, 2011, 11:36:27 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Spiff-O-Matic

September 14, 2011, 11:36:27 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I just wanted to thank SoS directly for putting all of those Kre-o parts up for me to fill with photo goodness! If he hadn't added that parts, none of this would likely have been done at all.

You sir, are a fine example of humanity (in this example anyway ;) ).

engledogg

September 14, 2011, 12:06:12 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Seriously...to keep all those molds and forms straight, you need a PhD in Legonomics. :)

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Tripredacus

September 14, 2011, 12:29:21 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Quote from: "engledogg"
Seriously...to keep all those molds and forms straight, you need a PhD in Legonomics. :)

MIKE
engledogg
Does the "D" in PhD stand for "Duplo" ?   :mrgreen:

SoS

September 14, 2011, 03:48:18 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
No thanks necessary spliff. The thanks has to go to you for providing the pics. For work that could have gone by unnoticed. :)

Quote from: "Tripredacus"
Quote from: "engledogg"

MIKE
engledogg
Does the "D" in PhD stand for "Duplo" ?   :mrgreen:
The "D" is a part of this ": D" (the happy face I have every time I walk inside a LEGO Store).

--SoS

engledogg

September 15, 2011, 08:15:31 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Well, I just approved the remaining submitted pics for Sentinel Prime...and, if this isn't an impressive-looking package record, then I don't know what is:

http://www.shmax.com/product_details/88 ... inel_prime

It's like looking at a "real life" version of the contents sheet.  :)

Awesome job, guys!

MIKE
engledogg

Tripredacus

September 15, 2011, 11:53:03 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
As ridiculous as this is... I have a question. Now that you have all the parts in there... why is also Sentinel Prime (non-kreon) in there too? He's near the bottom.

engledogg

September 15, 2011, 01:38:49 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
He's a gestalt figure - one composed of other parts.

When we give him, or any figure or accessory, the gestalt tag, he/it is no longer figured into the "figure or accessory count", but is still able to be displayed on a package record.  

You'll find that happening in other packages around the database (Skyboom Shield, Requiem Blaster, Star Saber, off the top of my head).  

We show all three members of the Race Team with each figure receiving a record that factors toward the "count", but we can also show off their combined mode as a gestalt accessory in a separate Skyboom Shield record.  

So, if you owned the Mini-Con Race Team, you'd own three figures and one gestalt-accessory record (one not factored into any count).

We included Sentinel to show what those hundreds of parts slapped together might look like.

MIKE
engledogg

Go Up