What are you playing now?

Started by shmax, July 07, 2011, 10:51:44 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Spiff-O-Matic

"Shadow of Mordor" is the best goddamn time I have had in Middle Earth since the Amiga days. They somehow managed to wrap up the best aspects of Assassin's Creed, the Arkham games, and my couch in one glorious package.

This. I loved the crap out of this game.

I'm currently switching between Destiny and other small download games on PS4, and either Forza 5 or Dead Rising on XB1.

KidTDragon

Is anyone else playing the hell out of Super Smash Bros for Wii U (when time permits)?
<br />

shmax

I've spent the past month playing through all three Witcher games, Lego Jurassic World, and most recently, Batman: Arkham Knight. Before that was Bloodborne, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and god knows what else. Are you guys still playing stuff?

engledogg

I just started Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance last night, which I picked up at Five Below not too long ago.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

engledogg

July 01, 2015, 07:12:44 PM Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 07:16:24 PM by engledogg
And...I beat Metal Gear today.  A little over four hours - I'm glad it was only $5.

And it doesn't seem like you can replay it with the final weapon you earn...unless I'm really missing something.

MIKE
engledogg

Tripredacus

This stupid game!

shmax

This stupid game!

Thanks for that, why don't you just get me hooked on crack, while you're at it? I played this damn thing for 3 hours last night!

shmax

And...I beat Metal Gear today.  A little over four hours - I'm glad it was only $5.

And it doesn't seem like you can replay it with the final weapon you earn...unless I'm really missing something.

MIKE
engledogg

Pick up any of the other main Metal Gear games--they have the opposite problem. You'll spend more than 5 hours watching the cinematics, alone (unless you are me, and get fed up and speed-skip past everything).

KidTDragon

I'm working my way through the entire Ratchet & Clank series from beginning to current end (minus Full Frontal Assault; too tower-defensey for my tastes). I finished R&C1 and Going Commando, then got sidetracked by Hyrule Warriors, which I'm obsessively playing to unlock as much stuff as I'm capable.
<br />

SoS

I am occasionally flying around Gotham City in Batman: Arkham Knight. I have a bad habit of focusing on the side missions before the main mission. Also playing LEGO Batman 3 with my daughter during the weekends mostly.

--SoS

shmax

I'm working my way through the entire Ratchet & Clank series from beginning to current end (minus Full Frontal Assault;

I try to keep up with those games, but there are so many and with such similar, jokey names that I lose track of the ones I've played and the ones I haven't. One of these days I'll have to figure out where the gaps are.

In the meantime, I finished Far Cry 4 last night.

shmax

Just finished Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Great fun.

engledogg

A little over halfway through Darksiders...

MIKE
engledogg

shmax

A little over halfway through Darksiders...

MIKE
engledogg

Ah, yes, Legend of Zelda meets God of War via Frank Frazetta. Say goodbye to 60 hours of your life!

shmax

A week ago or so I started in on Metal Gear: The Phantom Menace. I was having a good time until about 40 minutes into in when I realized I didn't have the faintest idea who I was playing as. See, you play as a character with a shaggy 80s mullet, 5 o'clock shadow, and eyepatch, which I figured makes me Solid Snake, and is all I need to know. But it turns out that you are in fact a completely different character: "Big Boss". Not only that, but apparently I played this same character in at least one of the previous games, and never caught on to the difference. After poring through various wikis for the evening trying to get caught up, I finally admitted to myself that I haven't honestly been able to follow what has been going on in the Metal Gear storyline since the 80s. So, I decided to do what any sane person with no girlfriend or major responsibilities would do, which is to start over at the beginning and replay every damn game, including all the oddball titles that I missed the first time around.

I've already played through the original Metal Gear, and am now halfway through Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (not to be confused with Metal Gear Solid 2). The early games are crude by today's standard, but I'm still very much enjoying them.

Go Up