What are you playing now?

Started by shmax, July 07, 2011, 10:51:44 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SoS

Started playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, spending all my time being a pirate than doing the main missions in the game.

--SoS

shmax

Started playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, spending all my time being a pirate than doing the main missions in the game.

--SoS

The Obsessive 100%'ers hell: picking up all those damn treasure chests.

shmax

Finished Silent Hill: Downpour (kind of liked it; don't see what all the hate is about). Gonna catch up on a modern classic, next: Bayonetta.

shmax

Never got past the first level of Bayonetta--I figured if I wanted to be confused by a high-concept game that I have no hope of ever understanding, I might as well go back and catch up on Lightning Returns (Final Fantasy XIII pt. 3). Just finished it, and boy, it was about as Final Fantasy-y as they come. Can't say I followed the story, but most of that is probably due to me button-mashing past 90% of the cinematics. I regret nothing.

Tripredacus

Sucked back into Diablo 3. Even bought the expansion.

SoS

--SoS

The Obsessive 100%'ers hell: picking up all those damn treasure chests.

Don't mind the treasure chests as much as I hate the damn ocean dives.... stupid freaking sharks, if only I can knife them in the eye.

--SoS

SoS

This past weekend was tax free weekend so I went ahead and bought a Wii U, it finally met my 5 rule criteria, at Target. Got the deluxe set that comes with the New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U games; as an added bonus I got a free LEGO Movie download for buying the system and a $25 gift card, all that for just $254.99. Ended up using the gift card to buy Wonderful 101 for $21.99 (still have $3.01 left on the card).

I'll be playing the heck out of Wonderful 101 this weekend.

--SoS

KidTDragon

it finally met my 5 rule criteria

Now I'm curious to hear the 5 rules.
<br />

tusko

Yes! The 5 Rules!  I forget what they are too.....

shmax

I'll be playing the heck out of Wonderful 101 this weekend.

That's a great game, but it is punishingly long. Clear the next 8 weekends, stop the newspaper delivery, and break up with your girlfriend.

tusko

So the 5 rules are:
Long weekends,
No reading,
No GF,
What are the other two?

KidTDragon

So the 5 rules are:
Long weekends,
No reading,
No GF,
What are the other two?

No sunlight,
No food or bathroom 'til absolutely necessary.
<br />

shmax

"Shadow of Mordor" is the best goddamn time I have had in Middle Earth since the Amiga days. They somehow managed to wrap up the best aspects of Assassin's Creed, the Arkham games, and my couch in one glorious package. If you don't have it, go get it. If you don't have a PS4, go get one. If you don't have a couch, I recommend the brown carmine leather from Macy's. If you can't afford any of these things, look into getting an Amiga.

shmax

Finished Alien: Isolation last night. Highly recommended. I found the alien and android dodging to be a bit tedious at times, and the human characters looked fairly wooden, but the space station environment was wondrous to behold. I died quite a few times because I was busy admiring some piece of machinery or trick of lighting. Check it out.

shmax

November 10, 2014, 08:51:15 PM Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:34:14 PM by shmax
Just finished Sunset Overdrive, which was fun in a Saint's-Row-Meets-Ratchet-and-Clank kind of way. Before that was Lords of the Fallen, and before that was The Evil Within. I'm tempted to start on Bayonetta 2, but tomorrow is the day that 800 lbs of Assassin's Creed games fall out of the sky.

Go Up