What are you playing now?

Started by shmax, July 07, 2011, 10:51:44 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

SoS

I heard that's a great game. Perhaps the basis of what could be an awesome Power Rangers game. Game is in my radar for potential game to buy once I get a Wii U.

--SoS

shmax

I heard that's a great game. Perhaps the basis of what could be an awesome Power Rangers game. Game is in my radar for potential game to buy once I get a Wii U.

--SoS

For me it was more reminiscent of the old "Thunderbirds" show, with the puppets with big heads, outlandish spaceships, overly dramatic faux-serious dialog and situations, and so on.

shmax

Halfway through Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. And I suddenly realized last night that I've never played any Silent Hill games, and this will not stand, so I'm playing through the original game (in all its PS1-graphics glory) on the PS3. Looking at the grainy, chuggy graphics I'm a little amazed that this whole "3d graphics" craze ever caught on.

shmax

Finished Tropical Freeze and Silent Hill. Started on Silent Hill 2. Betcha didn't see that coming.

shmax

Finished Silent Hill 2, and started on Silent Hill 3 and Lego: Hobbit. Laundry neglected.

shmax

Finished Silent Hill 2, and started on Silent Hill 3 and Lego: Hobbit. Laundry neglected.

Finished Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill 4: The Room. I started on Silent Hill: Origins, but it was the PS2 port of the original PSP version, which is literally unplayable on a modern LED TV. 75% of the time you are looking at a pure black image. Not dark. Not a little hard to see. Black. You have to run along walls jamming on the X button trying to find doors, power-ups, that kind of thing. Apparently this isn't an issue on an old CRT screen, but I had no choice but to give up on it (and order the PSP version). So be warned if you ever decide to catch up on these games.

In the meantime, I believe the new Wolfenstein game arrives today...

shmax

Lessee. Finished up the new Wolfenstein game (liked it), Lego Hobbit (fun, but the collectible side-stuff is starting to get tedious), and Silent Hill: Origins. Next up is Watch Dogs. Hey, what are you guys playing? Don't make me the only one discussing video games in the video game discussion...

KidTDragon

I finished Wind Waker HD a few weeks ago. I've been abstaining from games while I try to study for hardware certifications and job-hunt (I got laid off last month. :( )
<br />

shmax

Finished Watch Dogs (I finished the campaign missions, and ignored all the side stuff, particularly the 10 missions where you have to play chess), and resumed my stubborn quest to play all the Silent Hill games with "Homecoming".

shmax

Finished Silent Hill: Homecoming. I hated, hated the combat in this game. It's all blocks and counters and super-twitch crap. If I wanted to play Soul Calibur, I would play Soul Calibur. But it is behind me, now. Onward to, ah, let's see... Dark Souls 2.

shmax

Finished Dark Souls 2. Well, Dark Souls 2 finished me. On to Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.

Tripredacus

I'm at a point where some of my games are just crashing or won't open. They are Goat Simulator, Next Car Game and Skyrim. So I have been playing some other ones like Deus Ex Human Revolution (almost done), Sims 3 and Civ 5. I also got some in the Steam sale but I haven't installed them yet.

shmax

Finished Murdered: Soul Suspect and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Next up is another Silent Hill game. Part 137, I think. Gotta be getting near the end of them...

Tripredacus

I finished Deus Ex Human Revolution. I then re-loaded my save to do the other ending but I didn't get the achievement. I contemplated redoing the game in hardest mode but it disables the object highlighting which I really got used to. I couldn't really do it, and I can't believe it is possible to beat the game without setting off any alarms AND not killing anyone... so I just uninstalled it. Next up is Far Cry 3.

SoS

Currently playing The Wolf Among Us. I've always been a fan of the Fables comics and I was happy when I found out TellTale Games was going to do an adaptation. Like the Walking Dead game, I sincerely hope there's a Season 2 for this one.

--SoS

Go Up