What are you playing now?

Started by shmax, July 07, 2011, 10:51:44 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

KidTDragon

Lessee, since my last post, I've finished Tomb Raider (surprisingly good), Metro 2033 (routine shooter, yawn), and I just finished Far Cry 3 (pretty, but yawn). Back to working on the site.

Jeez, where do you find the time? It's taken me three months to get halfway (I think) through Chrono Cross. What's your secret?

Lifelong bachelorhood. Worth it? Totally.

*mutter mutter* Lousy girlfriend, cuttin' into my game time *grumble grumble*
<br />

SoS

I'm currently playing through a few games, it all depends on what system I'm using.

On the PS3, I just started playing through Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection. Started and finished MGS3 yesterday, took about 7-8 hrs game time. Still my all time favorite Metal Gear game. Love every minute of it. Started Peace Walker last night and I'm already in Chapter 3, I'm skipping the EXTRA OPS missions and focusing on the MAIN OPS for now. I'll go back and do the rest of the missions after I take down the Peace Walker.

For the DS/3DS, I'm trying to be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real quest, to train them is my cause. I'm travelling across the land, searching far and wide. :P When I'm not on a quest to catch 'em all in Pokemon Black 2, I'm playing Kingdom Hearts 3D.

On the PC, I'm just fooling around every now and then with Star Trek Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

--SoS

Antron007

I've been playing Transformers Legends on the Android platform. (Available for Iphone now as well) And there is a similar game called G.I. Joe Battleground. (Not sure about iPhone on G.I. Joe) They are both Mobage games so I'm not sure if they always have apps for both platforms. One cool thing is that it stores everything server side so you can jump from device to device.

They are kind of like collectible card games. The G.I. Joe seems to use mostly a lot of the product portraits which I think is really cool.

The TF Legends is all original art and it is amazing. You should check it out just for the art.  IMO.

Anyway that's one of the ways I've been wasting my time.

shmax

Just finished playing through ALL FOUR Saints Row games. Insanely fun, but numbing. I had to take a break halfway through to play Lego Indiana Jones 2 (which I enjoyed, despite the middling reviews).

shmax

Whew, I just finished Final Fantasy XIII-2. It took two weeks, but felt like 10 years. Before that was Lego Movie: The Video Game. What are you folks playing?

Tripredacus

I'm in a slump right now. Blame baseball being on TV. When I do play a game, its Minecraft for a couple hours.

engledogg

I just got a copy of Super Mario Bros. Wii for $3...so, I'm playing that.

As you can tell, I'm on the cutting edge of the gaming world.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

KidTDragon

I've been playing South Park: The Stick of Truth whenever the opportunity presents itself. Easily the funniest game I've ever played.
<br />

shmax

I've been playing South Park: The Stick of Truth whenever the opportunity presents itself. Easily the funniest game I've ever played.

I finished that a few days ago. I've moved on to Dark Souls 2, which is funny, too, but in a cosmic sort of way.

SoS

Got MGS V: Ground Zeroes on Tuesday. Beat the game that same day. I'm a Metal Gear fan all the way, but even I was super pissed that spent $30 on a game you can beat under 2 hours. And if this "chapter" is included in The Phantom Pain portion of MGS V coming out later this year, I'm going to be even more pissed.

End of rant.

Story was good. Ending was emotional like a good MGS game can be. Can't wait to kick some XOF can in the next chapter.

--SoS

shmax

Got MGS V: Ground Zeroes on Tuesday. Beat the game that same day. I'm a Metal Gear fan all the way, but even I was super pissed that spent $30 on a game you can beat under 2 hours. And if this "chapter" is included in The Phantom Pain portion of MGS V coming out later this year, I'm going to be even more pissed.

End of rant.

Story was good. Ending was emotional like a good MGS game can be. Can't wait to kick some XOF can in the next chapter.

--SoS

Just beat it, myself.  I had no idea it was just a demo when I pre-ordered it. Ah, well. The only thing I hate about these games is that they always seem to be resuming some epic story in the middle that you don't remember. Who the eff are Paz and Chico? What base was I infiltrating, and why? Sometimes I wish they would just treat each chapter as a standalone story, with all new characters, settings, premises, etc.

SoS

March 23, 2014, 09:24:24 AM Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 12:41:23 PM by SoS

End of rant.

--SoS

Just beat it, myself.  I had no idea it was just a demo when I pre-ordered it. Ah, well. The only thing I hate about these games is that they always seem to be resuming some epic story in the middle that you don't remember. Who the eff are Paz and Chico? What base was I infiltrating, and why? Sometimes I wish they would just treat each chapter as a standalone story, with all new characters, settings, premises, etc.

I know a lot of people are calling it a "demo", but to be fair, the game is more like a glorified DLC than a demo. As for the resuming story stuff, I'm not the best person to say this since MGS is one of my favorite franchises, but I know the story pretty damn well enough that I can play any new sequel without having to replay the previous versions. But they did pretty well in going over what went on in the previous games by way of those tapes, that is if you took the time to listen to all of them. :)

As for the base you were infiltrating, that's new to the story. So it technically falls under your "new settings" wish. Only thing that you need to know is that two members of your ragtag army have been captured. Chico knows a lot about your operations and we can't enemy intel get a hold of too much info. Paz was part also part of you ragtag group, but in truth was a double agent working to sabotage your efforts, so she knows way to much and thus you need to extract her. Pretty straightforward when you look at it like that, even if you don't know/remember their full backstory, but that's just me. :)

--SoS

Hellscream333

Minecraft on 360... I am addicted.
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=13" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=13</a>

shmax

Wonderful 101 on Wii U... I am baffled.

shmax

Wonderful 101 on Wii U... I am baffled.

Finally beat it. That was the longest, craziest action game I've ever played. I saw things I will never forget. Or understand.

Go Up