What are you playing now?

Started by shmax, July 07, 2011, 10:51:44 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

KidTDragon

Though I vastly prefer Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross is a great game and a worthy successor. How far are you now? :D

I just finished the pirate ship in the fog and I'm looking for the Water Dragon so I can enter Mt. Pyre.

I wish I had thought to play through Radical Dreamers before I started Chrono Cross. I think I may take a break from CC to play RD.
<br />

shmax

Just started playing Chrono Cross for the first time. I figured twelve years is enough time to wait.

Though I vastly prefer Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross is a great game and a worthy successor. How far are you now? :D

I never got around to playing Chrono Trigger. Ooh, according to Wikipedia it's available as a Wii download! I'm a little burnt out on Japanese RPGs for the moment, after surviving Ni No Kuni (brilliant, but the talk-talk-talk will drive you mad). I'm working on a little mindless action to cleanse the palate, at the moment, with God of War: Ascension. Lordy, does it ever have awful dialogue (but at least there's not much of it).

You don't know what you're missing with those two games. They just don't make 'em like that anymore. : )

--SoS

I'll play them both once I catch up on a few games in the pile (Resident Evil 5, FF XIII-2, May Payne 3, and Lego City and Bioshock Infinite are coming soon).

shmax

Working on Lego City, now. SoS, how are you coming on that one?

KidTDragon

The DLC characters/parts for Fall of Cybertron went on sale this week, so I bought them and that got me playing the multiplayer again.
<br />

Antron007

Ooh,
I may have to pop that in this week then. It's been a bit since I've played. Thinking about starting the new Bioshock this week as well. Anybody play BS3 yet?

shmax

Ooh,
I may have to pop that in this week then. It's been a bit since I've played. Thinking about starting the new Bioshock this week as well. Anybody play BS3 yet?

Just finished Bioshock Infinite, and boy, does my brain hurt. I had to go look up the plot on Wikipedia after it was all done to figure out what it all meant, and I still don't follow it. I think I'll play through it again with a FAQ and make sure I listen to all the audio logs. And maybe get the Cliff Notes. Oh, and I 100%-ed Lego City. Glorious game.

Okay, back to new shmax features.

SoS

When bored at home, playing the Mass Effect 1 through 3 (yes again) on Insanity Mode. While I'm on the road to and from work: playing Pokemon White 2.

Working on Lego City, now. SoS, how are you coming on that one?

I'm at 0% on Lego City: Undercover, that's due to the fact that I don't currently own a Wii U. I do however have LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins on pre-order.

--SoS

shmax

Lessee, since my last post, I've finished Tomb Raider (surprisingly good), Metro 2033 (routine shooter, yawn), and I just finished Far Cry 3 (pretty, but yawn). Back to working on the site.

KidTDragon

Lessee, since my last post, I've finished Tomb Raider (surprisingly good), Metro 2033 (routine shooter, yawn), and I just finished Far Cry 3 (pretty, but yawn). Back to working on the site.

Jeez, where do you find the time? It's taken me three months to get halfway (I think) through Chrono Cross. What's your secret?
<br />

Tripredacus

This is my current rotation:
- Civilization V
- Minecraft
- Skyrim
- Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego (Genesis)

shmax

Jeez, where do you find the time? It's taken me three months to get halfway (I think) through Chrono Cross. What's your secret?

Lifelong bachelorhood. Worth it? Totally.

shmax

This is my current rotation:
- Civilization V
- Minecraft
- Skyrim
- Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego (Genesis)

Now THAT is what I call a little bit of everything! Is Minecraft worth playing? I'm somehow turned off by all the hype.

I just finished 100%'ing Lego Star Wars III, and before that was Dead Island. Going to catch up on a few I missed, next, starting with Resident Evil 6.

Antron007

From what I've gathered from people who do play Minecraft, there doesn't seem to be a specific goal or point to the game. I've played once on my stepsons account and all I found was people building giant towers and then jumping off of them. I'm sure there has to be more to it than that but I've asked about 10 people and that's what all of them have said about it.

engledogg

Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

shmax

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnNIsjELz0U

MIKE
engledogg

Good lord. I watched it twice and I'm in awe, but I still have no idea what the game is about. Now, where's my credit card...

Go Up