Add a few missing Beast Wars variants

Started by Primal Sabbath, December 26, 2019, 09:40:21 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Primal Sabbath

TM2 Cheetor and TM2 Dinobot variants
For what it's worth these aren't my personal pictures. I have the Cheetor; it's just open and without package. 
This variant replaces the gray paint apps with silver.
Dinobot is the "bone" color variation but with yellow eyes in beast mode instead of red.
They were like theatrical-related early promotion type releases in Japan with the US style packaging and a sticker placed over the bio cards on the back of the package. There was also a Depth Charge with green beast mode eyes and the sticker over the bio card, however I could not find a picture of it, and a TM2 Blackarachnia that I believe was unchanged with a sticker over the bio card... Also can't find pics of it any more. 

Primal Sabbath

Green Ramulus and Blue Optimus Minor variants
I know the basic info is kinda muddy on these. I've heard of folks finding them in test market areas, but the only kind of confirmation was they were definitely employee store exclusives. These I do own, and can take better pictures individually.

I'm also unaware if preproduction decos are allowed or not; but I've got a fully machine painted "Feral" TM2 Cheetor, but they were never made it to card sample (that I know of) like Minor and Ramulus were... If it isn't allowable, that's fine too lol

engledogg

First off, let me say that I'm totally jealous of that Ramulus and Optimus Minor.  :)

I have heard of the yellow-eyed TM2 Dinobot, but not the silver paint apps TM2 Cheetor...interesting.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting them up on the site, but it would be good to get some more concrete information on them.  I only found one other mention of Dinobot on TFW2005, but nothing really beyond that.

I've never heard of the Depth Charge or Blackarachnia stickered bio cards, either.  If you could find out more about them, that would be great. 

As far as Ramulus and Optimus Minor go, to my understanding, they never reached their intended markets and were only "unofficially officially" sold at the Hasbro HQ employee store and aren't officially recognized as released Hasbro products.

MIKE
engledogg

Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Primal Sabbath

First off, let me say that I'm totally jealous of that Ramulus and Optimus Minor.  :)

I have heard of the yellow-eyed TM2 Dinobot, but not the silver paint apps TM2 Cheetor...interesting.

I wouldn't be opposed to putting them up on the site, but it would be good to get some more concrete information on them.  I only found one other mention of Dinobot on TFW2005, but nothing really beyond that.

I've never heard of the Depth Charge or Blackarachnia stickered bio cards, either.  If you could find out more about them, that would be great.

As far as Ramulus and Optimus Minor go, to my understanding, they never reached their intended markets and were only "unofficially officially" sold at the Hasbro HQ employee store and aren't officially recognized as released Hasbro products.

MIKE
engledogg

Unfortunately the Blackarachnia and Depth Charge aren't as common; hence why I wasn't able to grab any immediate pictures lol!
None of the listings I have found for any of the figures specifies their origins. Other than they were simply early promotion imports for Metals prior to their identical to Hasbro retail Metals releases. It's so odd. For the different paint ones to be in Hasbro boxes and the same paint ones to come in Takara boxes lol
But they were definitely only limited to the Japanese market; as they're fairly common, albeit a little pricey. Depth Charge for sure had green eyes for his. I can reach out to a friend who may have pics (or even owns) the Depth Charge and/or Blackarachnia. 
Unrelated; there's also a chrome variant for Transmetal Tarantulas that is more "amber" and less "orange" but that's just a standard Hasbro chrome variant. I open everything so boxes are long gone for it.. Very similar to Metals Tarans in chrome color just no extended yellow paint for the "visor" over the eyes lol
Also thanks! I definitely moved heaven and earth to get those two. They're still sealed..... But not for long! Lol

Primal Sabbath

Found green eyes depth charge. Unfortunately not sealed.  A buddy of mine has one in box (if I recall) but getting pics can be a bit of a chore. Update on the origins of this (and the Cheetor/Dinobot from the first post) is that they were theater exclusives in Japan.

Go Up