[RESOLVED] retail price

Started by slugpitcher, April 28, 2009, 12:45:28 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

slugpitcher

April 28, 2009, 12:45:28 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
no problem just another request/suggestion

when an item is bought retail it's usually a consistant price across the over the various size classes, through-out the major retailers... is it possible to make the price paid into a dropdown box.... cause i don't remember what i paid for crap more than a year ago.

for example... each toy is already in a size class, so if retail is the option, you can list 3-4 different prices depending on where it was bought and that should have it covered. Unless the item was on sale or clearance. in that case change the retail 2ndary market to include retail clearance and have to input the prices.  

i can remember the bargain prices pretty well but the standard prices i cannot so most are $0 in my collection

shmax

April 28, 2009, 01:03:23 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Well, if we know the retail price then it's visible in the item summary just above where you're editing your collection info and you can just type it in. I can't really do a drop down,  because I need to let people type in any value they want, and I don't want to just set the value to retail by default, because then people would always just leave it as is and I wouldn't be able to trust any non-zero data I gather. You're not the first person to ask about this, so I'll put a little thought into it and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the suggestion!

shmax

Quote from: "slugpitcher"
no problem just another request/suggestion

when an item is bought retail it's usually a consistant price across the over the various size classes, through-out the major retailers... is it possible to make the price paid into a dropdown box.... cause i don't remember what i paid for crap more than a year ago.

for example... each toy is already in a size class, so if retail is the option, you can list 3-4 different prices depending on where it was bought and that should have it covered. Unless the item was on sale or clearance. in that case change the retail 2ndary market to include retail clearance and have to input the prices.  

i can remember the bargain prices pretty well but the standard prices i cannot so most are $0 in my collection

slugpitcher

June 04, 2009, 12:21:43 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
were have the various values gone... it used to show misb mib loose. Now all i can find isthe retail prices...

Encore_Prime

June 04, 2009, 02:57:27 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I always seem to get the dates wrong on when an item was purchased. For example it says Megatron in 96 was the first figure I purchased, when really it was Bumblebee and Barricade in 07.

.....but I have a feeling that's my error and not the site software. :D
<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=483" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=483</a>

shmax

June 05, 2009, 10:48:14 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Quote from: "slugpitcher"
were have the various values gone... it used to show misb mib loose. Now all i can find isthe retail prices...
I've restored the appraisal data to the package details pages.

Quote from: "Malikon"
I always seem to get the dates wrong on when an item was purchased. For example it says Megatron in 96 was the first figure I purchased, when really it was Bumblebee and Barricade in 07.
Well, if you don't specify a date for when you purchased something, the release date of the toy is filled in as a default. If you go through and set all the purchase dates for the toys in your collection, the Fun Facts should show the proper toy.

Go Up