Are there plans to...?

Started by ReverendNash, September 02, 2008, 12:19:14 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

ReverendNash

September 02, 2008, 12:19:14 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by ReverendNash
Any plans on perhaps a Pre-TF/Diaclone/Microman addition to the site? Perhaps sanctioned KOs (Just I Toys, Jizai Toys) Just curious.

shmax

September 02, 2008, 06:54:02 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
What are "sanctioned" KO's? If they're sanctioned, then they're probably something we should add. I could also see adding Diaclone, as a lot of people who collect TF's likely have a few Diaclone's as well.
As for all the other billions of Big Lots mutants and mess-ups, I'd just as soon not get into it, at least not until the rest of the site is tightened down a little more. But, people do occasionally ask about this kind of thing, so I'll throw your vote on the tally pile, and we'll no doubt re-visit it at some point.

Quote from: "ReverendNash"
Any plans on perhaps a Pre-TF/Diaclone/Microman addition to the site? Perhaps sanctioned KOs (Just I Toys, Jizai Toys) Just curious.

engledogg

September 02, 2008, 09:02:12 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by engledogg
While very cool, JustIToys (responisble for the WST Dinobots, MP Megs stock, MP Convoy trailer, MP Starscream Coronation set, etc.) and Jizai Toys (the folks that made the Cyclonus, Wheelie, Ironhide, the upcoming Headmaster Megatron, etc.), and companies like them, are not producing officially-licensed toys...so, I really don't think they should be included on the site, even though some/most of the products are very nice.

No matter how cool they may be, they're still unlicensed...:(

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

slugpitcher

September 05, 2008, 11:44:37 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by slugpitcher
i gotta disagree.

If it's a High-end accessory that complements an official TF it should count. The MP starscream looks like it was designed with the coronation set in mind. it's not some BigLots Pile.

engledogg

September 05, 2008, 05:31:59 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by engledogg
I can see where you're coming from, but non-official stuff, no matter how nice, really shouldn't be on here.

For example, consider the Metroplex KO.  That would be considered high-end...decent plastic quality, cool box, and costs just as much as the Encore that's coming out, but that doesn't mean it should be included on here.

Ultimately, it's not up to me, but I vote no for any and all KOs/non-official products.

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Chaotic Descent

November 29, 2008, 12:32:29 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I would love a TF bootleg database, but that should and would be a whole other project. I suspect it's even more ambitious than a TF database project, because there are SO many variants of almost every TF toy there is. There's also no way to verify any of them are real. or when they were released. or who made them.

Go Up