[RESOLVED]The Condition Fields

Started by Antron007, November 05, 2012, 08:45:38 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Antron007

November 05, 2012, 08:45:38 PM Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:29:11 PM by shmax
I noticed that when you add an item to your collection that Current condition is Sealed by default/automatic while Purchased is Select.
Is there a way you can set Purchased to be Sealed by default/auto?
I also noticed that some it will always say pre-ordered if Purchased is left on Select and I think it won't display you're notes/comments in this state as well. I think if you auto set Purchased to Sealed by default then the info not displaying won't be an issue because no one will ever see that glitch if the fields are already set.

Just thought i'd pass that along.

Tripredacus

It is a minor inconvenience that while the default Add sets the Sealed option, the condition isn't set to anything.

Antron007

It is a minor inconvenience that while the default Add sets the Sealed option, the condition isn't set to anything.

Yes, but I didn't notice it at first on the ones I entered that were sealed , (because i honestly didn't think to look) and entered all the

info then noticed the info didn't show up on some. I did my own trouble shooting and found out that that was the problem. Sure not that big of a problem but it'd eliminate the subject ever coming up again as well as be convenient for future users.

I just figures it would be a quick tweak in the function. Unless the value is being set by the database itself then I could see it being more of a hassle.

shmax

November 07, 2012, 10:45:25 AM Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:47:02 AM by shmax

Is there a way you can set Purchased to be Sealed by default/auto?

We originally had it that way, but I changed it to the "Select" default because I intend to use the data for the appraisal system, and I want to be able to trust the data. If I just set it to "Sealed" by default, I would never know for sure if the item really WAS sealed, or if the user just wanted to "own" the toy and didn't bother with any of the details (which is okay, too).

If it's really an inconvenience, we could maybe try to think of some other way to force a decision, but also keep the flow quick and painless. One idea would be to replace "Add to my collection" with buttons for "Sealed", "Opened", and "Loose", and you could just click whichever one is appropriate.

Even simpler would be to replace the condition drop-down with a radio button, so it would only require a single click to set (Ed, am I nuts, or has that idea come up before?).

Antron007

Wouldn't appraisal be determend by current condithion? If it sets current condition as sealed by default wouldn't purchased condition HAVE to be sealed?  I know you can collect the boex/card and parts to eventualy make a loose figure qualify as opened but Is there a way to officially re-seal a toy?

So if we have to manually edit current condition editing purchased is no big deal cause you're already editing but by current being set as sealed by default I didnt even bother to look at purchased until i started troubleshooting the problem and noticed the ones without the purchase condition set didn't display the rest of the data. And I admit i just didn't look at first. I just assumed that if current was sealed the purchase had to be.

And if it didnt cause the info display bug it wouldn't be worth messing with, and I would not keep bringing it up . But it's kind of a bug that causes technically another bug.  I just figured it would be a quick edit in the function that would solve the whole thing.

as far as radio buttons go? would the button you select set purchased and current to be the same to edit later or would it be like a form on the side with a series of radios to be set then submitted to the collection.

shmax

And if it didnt cause the info display bug it wouldn't be worth messing with, and I would not keep bringing it up . But it's kind of a bug that causes technically another bug.

What is the bug?

Antron007

And if it didnt cause the info display bug it wouldn't be worth messing with, and I would not keep bringing it up . But it's kind of a bug that causes technically another bug.

What is the bug?

The bug is that, in the blue details/remove bar it doesn't display your entered info, like price paid current condition if purchased condition is not set. I noticed that it was displaying info for some products but not others and found that the unset purchased condition was the problem.

shmax

I noticed that it was displaying info for some products but not others and found that the unset purchased condition was the problem.

Got an example? I was unable to reproduce on the first one I tried.

Antron007

I just tried reproducing it as well and couldn't get it to happen, Maybe it was something that got fixed when you fixed something else? IDK, but it does seem to be resolved.

Go Up