QC on FOC Packaging?

Started by Antron007, January 24, 2013, 05:20:43 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Antron007

Hey guys,
I Just picked up FOC Starscream from Walmart and I noticed his and all of that wave's cards are bowed/bent. I noticed it at my Local, my 2nd and I was just up in Monroe,MI and all of them in this wave have bowed cards.

So I have a few questions for you all. Anyone else seeing this in their walmarts? More importantly, anyone seeing this anywhere else?

The only place I've seen this wave of FOC in my area is at walmart.   I've looked at my 3 local TRUs and while they don't have any of these  FOC figures, 1 did have beast hunters deluxe wheeljack and soundwave. (which I promptly snagged up.) And since we're on the subject-ish, TRU in my area has had lots of damaged packaging. The Prime Entertainment pack comes to mind most. Everyone I've seen at every TRU has been banged up pretty bad. I can't believe they are even selling some of them the packages are so damaged. And at $39 too, ouch.  My wheeljack package is damaged too.

But I'm sort of off track, I'm sorry. Once again, my real question is, has anyone else seen this bowing/bending of the cards? And is it only happening at walmart.

I'm also suspicious of the TRU issue. Can every one of the same product be beat the hell up at every TRU I go to be due to crappy employees? I mean it is within the realm of possibilities but not likely I hope.

Anyway I'm interested in what's happening in your neck of the woods. Just don't tell Al Roker I said that because I can't afford to be sued :)

Thanks guys.

2ndSoundWave

The Entertainment Packs might be beat up because scalpers took all but the beat up ones.

engledogg

There might be something to this...I've seen two of them myself in the wild, and both looked like a drunken rhinoceros had its way with them.

In fact, the first sighting of the set on TFW2005 showed the same sort of thing:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-first-edition-entertainment-pack-spotted-at-us-retail-176064/

Maybe people really do hate Miko that much?  I don't know.  :)

As for the other items you mention, out of the ones that I've actually seen, I can't say that I've noticed any more damage to them than would normally be observed, which isn't saying all that much as my Walmart is notoriously bad for having, what shall I call it..."less than mint" packaging. :( 

MIKE
engledogg
Dumba$$ that used to buy everything...not so much anymore.

Antron007

Yeah at Walmarts near me all the Foc cards seem almost warped. It's a shame about the Entertainment packs. I think maybe it is the Miko curse. Thanks for the input guys :)

Go Up