Browse collection by form

Started by tusko, February 15, 2012, 01:28:53 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tusko

Could a "Browse collection by form" option be included?

I like the Browse products, form, option.  Listing all treaded vehicles and sorting by price is cool.  I'd like to see how my collection stacks up though....

How complete is my tank collection, do I have most of the dune buggies.... etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

shmax

February 15, 2012, 05:50:41 PM Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 07:58:56 PM by shmax

Could a "Browse collection by form" option be included?

I like the Browse products, form, option.  Listing all treaded vehicles and sorting by price is cool.  I'd like to see how my collection stacks up though....

How complete is my tank collection, do I have most of the dune buggies.... etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I believe we tried that a few years back on the "Edit Collection" page. We ran into problems in cases where a particular item appeared twice on the same page (under different forms), and the the system got confused with two different sets of "collection rows", so I just removed the feature as it was easier than trying to solve the UI issues. We're going to run into the same kind of problem in the near future when we expand to other toylines, because toys are going to be able to be tagged with multiple categories. I'll be forced to come up with some kind of solution, and with luck whatever I come up with will allow us to bring back form/mold collection. Still, we could possibly do this with little fuss on the "View collection" page, as it doesn't have the collection rows. I'll give it some thought. Thanks, Tusko.

Edit: Oh, I remember now--we also had trouble with the fun facts, which are computationally expensive. I wrote this ghetto caching system for storing the values off, and all the values were computed in the "toyline" context. We're going to be moving to a different caching system in the upcoming months, and hopefully we'll be able to bring this feature back.

Go Up