Brown Ravage.

Started by DJkevintron, April 07, 2010, 09:09:31 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

DJkevintron

April 07, 2010, 09:09:31 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
I haven't had much luck with new pictures so I thought I might share a little something I had previously put together.  I have two different G1 Ravages in my collection.  The first is your normal 85 version of Ravage.  The second is a Brown Ravage.  Now for a while I assumed it was Diaclone.  One day I looked into it and couldnt find anything to support a brown color other than someone selling a loose one that said it was a Diaclone.  I decided that it was most likely some sort of KO.  This is what I turned up.  Its not too bad for sitting on top of my dryer with no lights.  Now here is the problem J.E. Alvarez's Unofficial Japanese and Internationl Transformers(page 10 if your reading along at home) shows a picture of a brown Diaclone Ravage.  However my question of debate I guess is the eyes.  Does anyone know if the Diaclone Ravage would have had the front facing painted eyes?  Like in this pic.  I want to finally put this one to bed so if anyone has insight please share.

<a href="http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=985" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.shmax.com/img/sigs/signature.swf?user_id=985</a>
...almost done cataloging....

Tripredacus

February 18, 2011, 09:03:38 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by Guest
Ravage wasn't Diaclone, it was Microman. The name for that was Jaguar. As far as my records, there are only blue and black Jaguar versions, both in single box-form in 1983. Then again, I have misplaced my non-TF info, so I cannot confirm any other releases besides pictures. There were also at least two multi-packs that contained Jaguar. One I can definately tell was blue, but the other one the picture is too small to say for sure other than it does have painted eyes.

My best lead comes from Fred's Workshop which appears to not exist anymore unfortunately. If anyone knows his email address, PM me please.

Go Up