tecs retro review or TRR

Started by tec, October 23, 2007, 03:13:50 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

tec

October 23, 2007, 03:13:50 AM Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:34:02 AM by tec
I have not done one of theses in along time so im going to be rusty...
Today i got my first G1 in over 6 months i found someone that would sell with cold hard cash So I got myself Octane I only paid about 6 bucks for him so it was quite a catch

Todays review
Octane Decepticon Triple changer

Overview:
Octane has three modes fuel tanker,airliner,robot mode
His primary colors are white,gray,purple with crome acccents

Transformation:
Each of his transformations are very invoveing makeing him one of the better TFs to own

Tanker mode:
Out of the three avalable modes this i feel is his weakest mode. Not in fuctionalty,but in exacution. The tanker makes for a great asset for the Decepticons. But the falt lies in the arms,in this mode thay simply dont go anywhere. Thay hang to the side folded up. I was able to off set this problum buy giveing him a set of maching weapons and mounting in his hands this was not what Hasbro had intended but hey its what I did

to be contenued

tec

October 23, 2007, 03:28:22 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by tec
Jetliner:
The Jetliner is a slick second form,its a passenger jet like a KC 120.
I think of it like the Air Forces mid flight refulers. Witch is perfect for keeping thoses gas gussling seekers in the air this form has little in the way of kibble the only little thing is a set of wheels on top but there not as bad as the arms. Allso note both vehical modes requre lose parts to compleat there vehical modes the tanker is a crome upper tanker part/shild. And the jetliner is a tailfin. Mine came with nether but I found that same set of weapons that fit his hand can allso be used where the tailfin would go giveing him some added fire power in the sky.

Robot Mode
Make no mistake this guy looks slick in robot mode with very destictive legs and the long wings arching out his back
Articulations comes only in the form of his arms becase of the transformatio they do have some good movement to thim

To be contenued

tec

October 23, 2007, 03:33:03 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by tec
One last note...Stickers this guy relies hevaly on stickers to convay detail make sure you get one with great or desent stickers or you will be missing out some of his details

Overall I realy like this figure and i do recomend it to anyone out there he is a marvel of enegnering despite the relance on stickers and the arm issues

I give Octane a 8 out out of 10

tec

October 23, 2007, 11:54:01 AM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by tec
I require feed back you peeping toms!!!! :D

shmax

October 23, 2007, 12:54:18 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by shmax
Quote from: "tec"
I require feed back you peeping toms!!!! :D
Nice review, amigo. Did you break the review up into 3 parts because of some limitation of the forums? If so, I can see if I can relax the limit.

ALso, I'm sure you can guess what I'm going to ask next--can you pretty please take a picture of the figure (in sharp focus, well-lit, against a white background), and even do an entry for him? If you do that, we can post a link to both the toy and your review on the news page.

- shmax

tec

October 23, 2007, 02:52:30 PM Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by tec
No it was broken to three becase of the limitations of the PS3s text entry field

I will see what I can about pics soon

Go Up